Facebook and Instagram

I have been trying to figure this out for weeks now, connecting Facebook and Instagram to be able to post on both platforms simultaneously.

Anyone who has experience with that?

I connected the accounts, but whenever I want to post on Facebook and send the post to Instagram as well, Meta tells me that I need to connect to Instagram. The connection is established but it does not work. :rage:

Maybe is something about the two factor authentication or that you need a business IG and FB account?

Can I Automatically Post From Facebook to Instagram?

Absolutely. However, some conditions have to be met:

• You need to have a business IG and FB account.

• You need to have access to a Facebook page that you manage.

• You can only post to IG from that Facebook page.

• You should disable the two-factor authentication feature on Instagram.

Why Can’t I Post From Facebook to Instagram?

Maybe you’ve linked your Instagram and Facebook accounts, but you don’t see the option to post from Facebook. This might be because you don’t use a business IG account. Also, you need to have access to a specific Facebook page and post from there. You can also only use this feature from your desktop. If you meet all these conditions and still can’t post, try relinking your accounts.

How Do I Connect Instagram With Facebook?

Connecting your Instagram and Facebook accounts is essential if you want to share across both platforms. Just follow these simple steps:

1. Log in to your Instagram account on your mobile device.

2. Head over to your profile page.

3. Tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

4. Tap on the Settings gear at the bottom of the side menu.

5. Go to Account and tap the Sharing to Other Apps option.

6. Select Facebook.

7. Type in your Facebook login information.

Now you’ll be able to share posts to Facebook from Instagram.

To connect your Facebook page with your Instagram account, do the following:

1. Go to your Facebook page and click on the Settings tab in the left sidebar menu.

2. Choose Instagram from the menu.

3. Click on the Connect to Instagram option.

4. A new window will appear, asking you to sign in to Instagram.

Your accounts will be linked once you sign in to your IG account.

sources and more info:

2 Likes

I have been through the obvious instructions and problem-solving suggestions several times now. Don’t know what I am missing.

That could be me…

The connection was established :white_check_mark:
I don’t see the option to post from Facebook :white_check_mark:
[well it is there, but it tells me to create the connection, which I did already]

You need access to a specific Facebook page and post from there.

What does that mean, specific page?

Relinked accounts. :white_check_mark:

:man_shrugging:

Facebook seems to have made a lot of changes to their platform recently.

All the groups (now “communities”) I have joined over the years are gone.

WTFacbook?

I hate Facebook.

All my friends and family back home refuse to communicate with me on Facebook. Except for you know Grandma and Grandpa who like to post their favorite memes and see family pictures from me.

Tonight I open Facebook and the first post was something I was interested in. So I looked at it was reading it and trying to save some of the information. I backed up so then Facebook reloaded and I lost it I cannot find it again. Facebook is like managed by illiterates or something.

If you liked the post , then You can check the activity history on Facebook

Settings>>Your Information>> Activity log>>View Activity History

Other option is to check the Feeds:

Menu>>Feeds>>You can check: All, Favorites, Friends, Groups, Pages

Final decisions have now been made by the DPC in which it has fined Meta Ireland €210 million (for breaches of the GDPR relating to its Facebook service), and €180 million (for breaches in relation to its Instagram service).

Meta Ireland has also been directed to bring its data processing operations into compliance within a period of 3 months.

:rofl:

1 Like

Why is this flag next to my send button and how do I get it rid of it or change i

Note: I have no connection with this flag other than maybe have visited country sometime years before covid

Also…

Apparently I’ve only been having a conversation with myself all these years.

You’re wrong! No you are wrong!

On the plus side, at least I haven’t blocked myself.