Facebook / Instagram / Whatsapp is down now

There’s no conspiracy. Facebook only cares about making money, like all corporations. So if it damages children’s mental health, that’s just collateral damage. If they can get a bunch of people into a social network and make billions off of it, who cares if some young minds are ravaged beyond repair and it caused a few school shootings every now and then?

What’s troubling is corporations have so much power in the US. And everyone is powerless to stop it.

:whistle:

1 Like

Whistleblower on Facebook testifying before US Congress right now.

Frances Haugen was high-level in the company and carried away tens of thousands of documents and data…

There may be more to this story.

1 Like

Finding it will be the new tiktok challenge.

Hope she got a negative test before she started blowing her whistles… Knaw-sayyyinnn’ :cactus:

Well, that’s the whole point of their country, to be fair, as you know. I don’t agree with it either, but then I’m British and still bitter they got their independence. :smiley:

People can just delete their account. They don’t, because I duno actually. Missing out on that sweet, sweet rejection and disappointment, perhaps. “Oh hi, girl that rejected me 12 years ago! How are you? You’re married now? I’m so happy 5 u”
browses pictures from last five years

1 Like

Not everyone on fb is sad. :laughing:

2 Likes

Not true, read the title of this thread.

“Facebook / Instagram / Whatsapp is down now”

They’re all depressed, the poor bastards. :wink:

Facebook’s write up about the outage.

1 Like
1 Like

Funny. I wonder who’s the target audience for that article?

It seems written in a “for children” manner, which would seem to indicate a purely layman audience of random users. Those, however, I’d guess would be bored to death between DNS and BGP… Regardless of the children-compatible explanations.

I guess it’s for investors then? Buzzword bingo? Sorry we’re so secure we are slow to fix mistakes?

The “whistleblower” hasn’t really supplied information we didn’t already know. She’s being coached by democrat operatives to further the Democrats’ objective of further restricting dissenting voices on social media.

2 Likes

Save the children, you mean.

2 Likes