Family Mart Upping Game with Concept Stores

I just want giant cups of self serve coffee for $1 like every convenience store and gas station does in America. Tired if these tiny “XL” cups they sell here for twice the price.

I worked at Family Mart for a few years…

The way I see it is store managers have free rein on how the store is run… FamilyMart doesn’t seem to do much to tell them exactly how to do it… At least I never really seen any company staff. I mean it’s all a franchise anyways.

Really? The coffee is terrible in those gas stations like a Quik Trip. Old…

The UDF stations where I lived had decent fresh coffee and you could add as much cream or flavorings as you wanted for free.

Different from Dallas convenience stores. They have these giant containers of coffee that taste terrible. I drink mine black.

I still prefer 7’11, but this idea look so nice. Young generation will find this as good place to hangout.

I think Family Mart has surpassed 7-11 in quality over the past year. Family Mart has better beverages, more variety in snacks with better quality (including imported stuff) as well as nicer stores and friendlier staff in my area. It is a narrow margin with 7-11 close behind. The other stores such as OK Mart and HiLife don’t even come close.

4 Likes

I think Hi-Life has the best black coffee here and they have buy one get one deals with some credit cards.

1 Like

I could not help but remember this scene :smiley:

Family mart is all over the place. The one closest me, the owner carried out an entire conversation with a delivery driver while I was waiting to pay. It just went on and on. Slammed my money down to pay and haven’t been back. It’s a bit of a pain that I made this resolution to not go back to her because walking to the other store is quite inconvenient for me at times. Sticking to your guns is hard…

The turnover in staff in both family mart stores near me is incredible, there must be new staff starting every other month.

They added upscale food, cheaper than going to Din Tai (I also never go, except when the visitors want it)

1 Like

I doubt it’s the same. Dingtaifong is just a name.

There’s better place than dingtaifong at fraction of the price.

1 Like

You can try and see, price is cheap at Family Mart. $69.

1 Like

No thanks… I need like 5 of these to be full.

Plus I get expired food from 711 for free. My uncle runs a 711.

Note:

Ingredients
Packaging
Wastage
Price (compare nutritive value to actual price points)

Not upscale in my opinion. Basically everything there with a short expiry date is detrimental to taiwans health in my opinion. Not really a positive in any way, shape or form.

If you do not eat that expired food, where does it go, in the bin? Must be lots of waste

Well, if the employees or whoever don’t eat it, it goes to the pig bin.

You wouldn’t believe how much food gets wasted.

If you ever shop at a grocery store in the states, DO NOT just hand food you don’t want to the cashier! It will get thrown away. If you don’t want it wasted put it back where you found it. It is protocol that such food gets thrown out. In Taiwan they will stuff it where they keep the coke, haagen daaz ice cream, etc. and put it back on the shelf once they find the manpower to do so, but not in the US. The amount of good food I seen wasted there is just mind boggling.

Did not know they still have that, I remember seeing small cars with bins for that a few years ago, thought now they got imported grains like corn or soya

Yea, I used to see them, trucks full of pig slop where they just went and pick it up from restaurants. I don’t see them anymore, maybe they outlawed that.

Weird thing was, at least as of 2009 I saw pig slop bins in Germany too, because they mandated separation of wastes there, and the pig slop bin in Germany is every bit as yucky as they are in Taiwan.

Must be those african pig flu thing.

1 Like