Family Mart Upping Game with Concept Stores

Heard they trying to up their game with couches n bakeries n more healthy nontraditional convenience store things like comfort lights. This looks like an example. I doubt they’ll do well unless they keep their price low as well.

I think the darker blue theme might be part of it.

Screenshot_20190421-192450_Maps

Screenshot_20190421-193953_Maps

Screenshot_20190421-195041_Maps

Screenshot_20190421-193933_Maps

Is this in Taichung?

I always drive past this fancy looking family mart, but never go inside to check it out.

This kinda looks like it from the outside.

Looks recently remodeled in Taipei

Family Mart
No. 5號, Lane 112, Section 4, Ren’ai Road, Da’an District, Taipei City, 106
02 2705 7671
https://maps.app.goo.gl/eUhHSyLupGm1XbsLA

1 Like

Convenience stores in taipei have toilets? They are upping their game!

1 Like

indeed many of them do for a long time now, and some even have those blue/red stick symbol signs for men/women outside the store

1 Like

That is one really bad font choice by the design team

2 Likes

Oh wow. I have yet to find one. Been stuck with elderly family many a time cause washrooms are so hard to find…like a parking space.

Thank god for adult diapers!

The 7-11 across the street from the Water Museum is doing something similar. It used to be just an oversized 7-11, but now it has fresh bread, a dedicated coffee shop, a book store, and they sell make up. And the seating are is much larger and more like a coffee shop.

theres a lot of money in it. and they are great logistics companies that could do it well. like mcdonalds and such. they will rake it in. already have been for a while. just need to work out seating space vs shelf ratios.

Maybe it’s subliminal advertising.

For you or them?

Very cool and overdue. I like Taiwanese convenience stores because you can hang out. Having a nice environment will be an extra draw for me. If they expanded this idea, I think they could give Starbucks a run for the money.

Or an order :smiley:

Now one really can live there 24/7!

You found out my secret…:frowning:

Actually most of the elderly people i know have a failing bowel and or bladder, a kidney or liver on the way out and a cancer or 3. Bathrooms are essential when taking out such people.

Visited the fancy Family Mart and I really like it. The surroundings seem to affect the staff in a positive way. Even more friendly. I bought a sunmai rye ipa and the clerk informed me of a good price on two, and then they helped me open one with a cheer after successfully hunting down a bottle opener.

2 Likes

Are there management differences between Family Mart and 7-11 franchises, or however they work? I find 7-11 boringly consistent. Family Mart … is all over the place. The one nearest me has frequently rude slack-jawed staff, smokers permanently stationed near the doors, and just a generally grimy atmosphere. But other branches are lovely.

7-Eleven is consistent like you said. Nice, talkative, etc.
I have 2 Family Marts nearby in walking distance. One has a male owner who is gruff, but when not around his 2 younger employees are nice.
The other FM, the owner is female. Very nice.

I feel in general older (say over 45) female convenience store owners are the best. Always ready to help and chat away. That goes too for the nearby OK Mart’s mother/owner, her children sometimes help.

4 Likes

The Family Mart at renai and dunhua was really nice. Different style of people.

The Family Mart CEO is younger than most and trying to inject new styles.