Family naturalization questions

Latest questions can be found here: https://www.ris.gov.tw/app/portal/229 & match @newdealer’s 107 年 3 月 14 日 version.

thanks!

I upload the correct file. Please try again. Basically, it is the same rules as on the thread.

thanks again Alex

I am practicibg with the Practice link (https://iwnet.civil.taipei/Naturalization) you send me to verify the answers

Is it the same used during the real test?
with the pictures…?
If with picture it will be extremely easy!

thanks

At the real test you will have pen and paper with the questions form only. No computer. Unfortunately.
BTW. you can disable pictures and sound at practice.

Ahhh it sounded too good to be real…:slight_smile:
Thanks!

So, did you pass your test? :slight_smile:

Thanks for asking!

Just back from 1mo + of biz trip n vacation
Working seriously now on the test…target by end of the month (or even earlier)
Wish me good luck …:slight_smile:

I was ready to get the test but I was told I need to provide my home country criminal background check (FBI from USA) and then send to certify it in a Taiwan embassy in USA

Anyone has idea how it works?

thanks

Nothing on the criminal background check in this document.

歸 化 測 試 提 憑 證 件 一 覽 表

As @tando mentioned that criminal certificate is not needed for the test. But you should have it for naturalization, for sure. BTW, this is the most time consuming document. In my case, I have applied in my country’s representative office in Taipei and then after ~2 months it was ready.

Dear all

Thanks

I have no idea why they asked me this certificate before taking the tests…
Anyhow it doesn’t make a lot of difference because I need it and my preparation for the test done…:slight_smile:

Test passed…! Thanks all for your help
(BTW It seems like they relaxed the passing threshold to 60%…while initially was 60%)

Just applied for criminal background …it seems like two more months wait now…

5 Likes

Hi Alex

UPDATE
I finally got back the criminal certificate from my country and certified from Taiwan “Embassy” in my country. Do I need to have it translated before submission or in English is ok? Thanks

1 Like

In my case, I provided Chinese version of certificate to be stamped at MOCA. So, I am not very sure if English version is OK or not. I would suggest you make a phone call to HHR.

Thanks for the prompt reply
My certificate is in English
How could you provide it in chinese ?
Did you get it translated in Taiwan?

I’m sure this is posted many times on this forum and you may already knew, but here is the instruction.

Flowchart for the Application for Naturalization in Marriages between Foreign Nationals and R.O.C. Citizens and Household Registration

according to this, it seems they accept English documents without Chinese translation.
Edit: sorry, I didn’t read through whole. It seems they don’t say criminal record needs to be translated. You may be better to ask HHR office as @Alex1000 says.

Edit2:and sorry again. I forgot that what you will do is 自願歸化. In that case the Chinese instruction says your criminal record needs to be translated.

1 Like

My country representative office in Taipei prepared for me the Chinese version. They have such option which I have used. But you have the certificate in English.

For you it might be possible to ask some translation service. Once I used such service to translate our marriage certificate into Chinese. Is was successfully done in local court.

1 Like

ok thanks. Can I ask a colleague to translate it or I need to go to some kind of certified translator? thanks

The instruction says
4、應繳證件係在國外作成者,應經我國駐外館處驗證及外交部複驗;其在國內由外國駐我國使領館或授權代表機構製作或驗證者,應經外交部驗證。文件為外文者,應檢附經駐外館處驗證及外交部複驗或國內公證人認證之中文譯本。

I think it says the translation should be certified by TECO and MOFA, or notary in Taiwan.