Family naturalization questions

Thanks but…wait a second…this means that I have to translate the certified copy I just received from TECO and send it back to them to certify again? it cannot be such nightmare…

I thought it is (TECO and MOFA), or notary, though it could be TECO and (MOFA or notary). I would ask to HHR office.

Probably is a diversion from the OP’s questions. But anyway, a question for @tando : do you know if a foreign person transferring from an APRC to ROC Taiwan nationality looses their open work permit and ability to sponsor residency for dependents? I know there is that one year gap before full citizenship, so wondering how that affects work rights for the naturalizing person, and residency rights for their dependents…

thanks let me ask again HHR even thought every time they tell me something different thanks

I am looking into this at the moment too. Sadly this was my conclusion. I’m going to try and send both the original and a translation to TECO in at attempt to get it done in one go. I’d be very interested in what you get back from HHR.

They just told me that the one certified in English by Teco must be translated and notarized in Taiwan and certify it again in mofa
(This no need to have the Chinese version certified also by Teco they told me but they might have told me this to make me happy and I will discover the truth during the interview…)

Anyhow in this mess I suggest you to call them as well and if you have already also the Chinese translation notarized to send as well that one to Teco just in case

1 Like

You can have TECRO notarize the translation but I don’t think it’s mandatory that they do it; you can also get it notarized in TW court:

I had my FBI report and its translation stamped by TECRO in one step but I can’t remember if it cost double.

The usual steadfast rule when dealing with Taiwan government institutions in regards to foreign issued documents is------->>>> Get them ALL translated and notarized!!! …This is especially true for HHRs as they will NOT accept any documents in a language other than Chinese!
Your first step will be to take the Criminal Record to MOFA/BOCA and get it authenticated. I think it costs NT$600 and takes about a week. You can go collect it yourself after a week or you can instruct the post office counter that’s stationed just below the MOFA to ship it for you for a small fee. After you get the authenticated document, get it translated by a Taiwanese friend/colleague etc or you can spend some $$$ to get it translated at a professional agency. Then take both the original & the translated copy to a notary public to get it stamped. This is the notary I usually go to…it’s located in Banqiao just next to the HsinPu MRT station Exit 4. They usually take 30mins~1 hour to get the translations attested. I forgot about the cost but I think it was around NT$700~NT$1000. Finally, with all the authenticated and attested documents in hand, head over to the HHR.

2 Likes

thanks

thanks a lot

Update:

I submitted all the requested doc to HHR…

Question:

do anyone know of any cases of someone who got refused from MOI after the review of all documents ?

thanks

Hi newdealer, it’s been two and a bit years, were you and your family successful in your application?

Hi sure

I think I replied in another thread

All done successfully!

2 Likes

Actually only me

1 Like

@newdealer @Alex1000 @manganate

Hi Guys! I’d appreciate if you can help.

If I understand correctly, you all got naturalized via work and have non-Taiwanese spouses. I am in the same boat and just want to sync on what you had to provide at the last step before getting your HHR and ID.

I just completed 2nd last stage, highlighted in yellow here :

Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 12.28.06 PM

I was hoping to get my HHR and ID this week but I was sent this letter below :

In this letter, essentially, I am being asked to provide TECO authenticated proof of marriage. And I have 3 months to do it or my application will be rejected.

Did any of you get a similar response at this stage ? Did you have to verify your marriage to immigration PRIOR to getting your HHR/Taiwan ID ?

Thanks a bunch!

I think you need to show proof of your marriage because when you finally get HHR, it will show your spouse on the household registration transcript. I wouldn’t be surprised if they also ask to see your parents names since they’ll be on the household registration transcript too.

Is it a problem for you to get your marriage certificate?

In my case they have not asked that documents stating I could do it at later time (that I haven’t yet since she will not get any real benefits to be registered in HHR in my case and the hassle to get that doc too big)

And yes the funny part is that you need to specify the chinese name of your parents (in my case I don’t have any and consequently chinese name…bureocracy

The problem is that when you naturalize they practically delete you from the system so you have to redo all documents under your new chinese name I am still experiencing problems now after two yearrs

1 Like

What kind of problems?

It is unfortunately. It’s time-consuming and expensive. TECO Manila (I have confirmed) is currently offering appointments for Aug 2022. Add Shipping + local MOFA + translation /notarization and it could be until Sep, 2022 by the time I am ready.

I don’t know how I am going to spend all these months without an ARC. I think they should have let me have my Taiwan ID and HHR first before asking me to provide documentation for getting my wife onto the HHR.

Thanks for sharing this. This is exactly what I was trying to confirm. Alright, so they told you that you could do at any time in the future, but they are telling me that I have only 3 months to do it ? It’s so weird.