Far Glory Hotel and Resorts

My newly minted wife took me from Taipei train station to Hualien station and then from there, rented a scooter (NT300/day) and rode all the way to Far Glory hotel recently. I had my reservations about riding on a scooter for about 40 mins (no traffic), but luckily it was a beautiful day and far more beautiful ocean view! Wow!

The hotel costs NT3900 and they upgraded us as we were newly weds. I suppose you can tell them you’re newly weds too even if you’re not. We went on a weekday so not very many people around. The price includes a breakfast buffet which had a nice selection of food.

I don’t think you can get this price at such a 5 star hotel anywhere in North America. That’s just over $125 USD per day. The hotel room has so many thoughtful amenities such as 220V wall outlets, night lights that auto turns on when you shut off all lights; separated toilet and shower by a glass partition for private moments at the throne, great balcony view of the green/blue ocean, underground parking for scooters (my wife joked about valet parking our scooter)…

What a great experience. The only thing was that there weren’t many people around to make the place hopping. All in all, a great romantic getaway for those of you who have never been.

Yes! Congratulations!

Nice hotel in great setting. We stayed there a couple of months ago and went whale/dolphin watching (hundreds of spinners) and also went to the amusement park that is associated with Far Glory and just over the hill.

The outdoor swimming pool is beautiful at night, and the setting (on the green hill overlooking the ocean) is hard to beat.