Farewell... Kwaker

Well, I just sold my baby (bike), actually my 7th baby. This was my second Kawasaki. I have to admit this was the sexiest and by far the scariest machine I have ever ridden. She was truely an out of control beast. That’s one of the reasons why I had to sell her. I know that one of us wasn’t gonna survive this relationship if it continued any longer. I like riding and being in control of my bikes. This bike never allowed me to do that. I never felt comfortable or confident enough to enjoy riding her. She was an unforgiving bitch.

The second reason I sold her was that she was damaged goods. I took her to the Kawasaki dealership (bunch of fking monkeys) about 2 months ago cause she wouldn’t start for some reason. Guess what they did instead of actually trying to figure out the problem like competent mechanics, they take the whole bike apart. :loco: 1 month later and after countless complaints and calls to them they tell me they have found the problem, a fried starter motor. I was thinking, that was what I asked you to look at the whole time. Why the fk did you tear my bike apart in the first place? Then it took them another month to get the part from Japan. You would think that a distributor of Kawasaki motorcycles for all of Taiwan would at least have some spare parts in stock. Nope! This whole event has left me with a bad taste for Kawasaki of Taiwan. I love Kawasaki bikes, but I will not buy another one in Taiwan cause their service sucks sh*t. I was fortunate because I have some connections, I have heard stories of bikes taken to them and that took over 6 months to get fixed. Anyway, that’s my rant. My next toy will be a Suzuki DRZ400 Supermoto.

static.flickr.com/30/44048431_ca2ef5e3b6_b.jpg

Mods: Can I change my screen name? Please, pretty please.
Something like “ex-KawasakiRider” or the “Person Formerly Known as KawasakiRider”.

[quote=“KawasakiRider”]Mods: Can I change my screen name? Please, pretty please.
Something like “ex-KawasakiRider” or the “Person Formerly Known as KawasakiRider”.[/quote]Send Maoman a PM asking him to change your name to “KymcoRider” and he will be happy(-ish) to do that for you.

Maybe I should just change my name to “MotorcycleRider” since I know will be changing bikes in the future sooner or later.

[quote=“KawasakiRider”]My next toy will be a Suzuki DRZ400 Supermoto.

[/quote]

:smiling_imp: DRZ!!! wowow…should be a real nice toy for taiwan’s mountain roads…flick it around, back the rear-end around corners…

have u done any research on the drz’s…how much do they go for out here?

TankSlapper might be more appropriate then :wink:

tw.f3.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/c18635247

Found a shop that can get me an 05’ model for $328,000. Tested one out last weekend. One word “fun”! It was a blast, lots of torque, awesome suspension, rolls over most of the bumpy stuff without a hiccup, and wheelies off the throttle. Probably gonna go with the yellow version.

I love the look of the Supermoto, and it would be supreme on the mountain roads here…Very, very cool.

Moderators Note: Only admin can change your user name. Send Maoman a PM to get this taken care of…

Hoping to be doing a few of these moves sometime soon.

video.bikepics.com/wmv-416-96/Co … -78sec.wmv

Maoman is the man! Look at my new name.

[quote=“MotorcycleRider”]Maoman is the man! Look at my new name.[/quote]Cool.

The Suzuki looks like a fun bike.

Dude, Too bad Kawasaki sucked that bad!..anyways, you’ll be safer on anything else than a 10R on these roads!..Has mordeth sold the CBR yet?..Anyways, the DRZ is cool and there are lots of other options out there…but that also depends on your budget!..are you super keen on getting a supermoto?..have you given any thoughts to the KTM duke or super duke?..those are sweet machines!..or the any of the EXC supermotos by KTM?..abuddy of mine has a 500EXC which can be converted to off-road wheels or supermoto wheels…sweet machine!..

Also, the Suzuki V-Strom is quite cool…a big twin with an Enduro package!..another buddy of mine has one and i’m quite impressed!..

Cheers

[quote=“skylarkpuma”]
Also, the Suzuki V-Strom is quite cool…a big twin with an Enduro package!..another buddy of mine has one and I’m quite impressed!..
Cheers[/quote]

A very good review of the V-Strom (by an owner and tinkerer) here:

motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/DL650.html

Are they available here? And how much do they run for?

I did consider a KTM Duke II. I rode one about a year ago. Great bike, but the price is ridiculous. No way I’m paying over half a million NT for a supermoto. tw.f2.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/b22619172 ($330,000 for a no yellow plate bike?)
tw.f3.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/c18966275
The DRZ is in a good price range, and is a better all-around bike. From what I know, no one imports the V-Storm here in Taiwan.

Wanted to add a few other complaints about the Kawasaki service.

1. They lied to me twice. They told me on two occasions my bike was being work on. Both times I dropped by their shop after to find that my bike was still untouched.

2. Bike came back with several small scratches on the frame and engine casing. And they assembled a few wires and flaps in the wrong place. Worst of all, the engine sounded terrible. It was very noisy.

3. They couldn’t charge me for anything cause my bike was still under warranty, but they charged me for an oil change and replacement oil filter even though I had just done all that prior to taking it to them.

If you do buy Kawasaki, DO NOT take it to their dealership. All their mechanics are scooter fixing rookies who are not qualified to work on big bikes.

[quote=“MJB”][quote=“skylarkpuma”]
Also, the Suzuki V-Strom is quite cool…a big twin with an Enduro package!..another buddy of mine has one and I’m quite impressed!..
Cheers[/quote]

A very good review of the V-Strom (by an owner and tinkerer) here:

motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/DL650.html

Are they available here? And how much do they run for?[/quote]

Yes it’s available…though i’ve only seen the DL1000 V-strom, not the 650…They are imported by independent dealers, not by official Suzuki dealers!..my buddy paid 570,000$NTD for a brand new 2005 model.

If you are interested in knowing more about how to get one and their availability, just PM me and i’ll get in touch with my buddy to get the info.

Cheers