Favorite Christmas Movies and TV Specials

That’s the most excellent top fiver forumosan list compilation so far this Noel. A perfectly rounded five sided object on its chosen topic. A well deserved medal is in the post :medal_military:

3 Likes

Will hoard these. Maybe watch some tomorrow or day after. I try to stay in Christmas mood the whole week between Christmas and New Year’s.

other than torrents, I cant find these streaming anywhere

Yeah pretty much. But try YouTube for older movies where the copyright has expired.

1 Like

Scrooged, Bad Santa, and Die Hard.

3 Likes

The Shop Around The Corner, Ernst Lubitsch and starring Margaret Sullavan, Jimmy Stewart, and Frank Morgan the o.g. wizard of Oz. And let’s not forget Pepi the weisenheimer.

Spawned at least two remakes, both inferior. In The Good Old Summertime (with Judy Garland and moved from Budapest to Chicago) (1949) and You’ve Got Mail (Nora Ephron’s stab at it with Hanks and Ryan and moved to Manhattan NYC). Arguably provided the inspiration for the Hallmark channels yes plural (US television).

Nobody ever managed to replicate the Lubitsch touch, however.

1 Like

I’ve referred to It’s a Wonderful Life for decades, referenced Mr. Potter and Potterville etc- and last night I watched it, and realised I had never seen it.