Favorite Home recipes without going to Jason's,etc

I love Mac &Cheese but tired of having to go to Jason’s,Costco,and etc. to get it in the box. So I came up with a homemade solution.

Noodles (amt up to you)
Salted Water to taste
Evaporated Milk
Chedder Cheese from Welcome or local place
Butter about a pat

Boil the noodles in salted water,to taste. Drain and set aside. In the pot, use about a 1/4 cup of evaporated milk, cheese and butter. Melt, then add noodles and pepper, if you want. Enjoy.

What’s your favorite backhome receipe that’s been altered?
:smiley:

Yours! :wink:
That’s a weird cheese sauce recipe that I’ve never heard of before. Evaporated milk? :astonished:

For a really good cheese sauce, try this:
Melt a goodly sized lump of butter in a pan. Goodly sized is bigger than a pea, smaller than a breadbox.
Wait till its starting to foam. You can let it get a TINY bit brown if you feel brave (to get that lovely nutty flavour), but be careful cuz it goes FAST once it starts to burn, then its fucked and you have to start again.
Turn down the heat a bit, add a couple tablespoons or so of flour and stir it into the butter to make a roux (fancy-speak for “butter mixed with flour”).
Cook this for about 5 minutes to let the flour cook a bit, stirring it around all the time so it doesn’t burn. A wooden spoon is essential for this part.

Take the pan completely off the heat. Add a dribble of milk, mix it in. Add a bit more. Mix it in. Add a bit more. Mix it in. Eventually you’ll be able to add all the milk. If you don’t do it this way, the sauce will be lumpy.
Return to the heat and bring back to a simmer, stirring alla time. It will thicken up as it cooks, so be prepared to add a little more milk if necessary.
Add a bunch of good grated cheddar or emmental or something – doesn’t really matter, as long as it’s good cheese – and stir until its all melted and smooth.
Season with salt and pepper.

Mix it with your cooked pasta, put it in a pyrex dish, cover with a thick layer of fresh breadcrumbs mixed with a little extra cheese and stick it in the oven till the top is brown and crispy. You can also add crumbled bacon to the sauce if you like, or suateed mushrooms, or little bits of broccoli – practically anything you like, really.

Comfort food at its finest.

Yours! :wink:
That’s a weird cheese sauce recipe that I’ve never heard of before. Evaporated milk? :astonished:
[/quote]]

Roach didn’t complain :raspberry: :smiley: :laughing:

large chunks of cut up dead animal (no pets or fellow workers)
lots of garlic
tin(s) of tomatoes
salt and pepper

brown above in olive oil and cook over a low heat in a heavy pan/casserole for many hours
serve with rice & green salad - even better the next day!