Favorite Night Markets in Taiwan

jilong stands out for one of the coolest ones around Taipei. Within Taipei i usually go to nan ji chang, its quite underrated.
Feng jia in Taichung is probably the coolest one i’ve been to in Taiwan as its so huge.

1 Like

My apartment wasn’t far from that night market when I was living in Hualian. As a student on a budget, I often ate there. However, that was the first place I ever tried coffin bread (棺材板) and I thought it was disgusting–way too greasy and runny.

I thought all shao xiancao (燒仙草) was the same until I tried it at Ningxia but, wow, they had the best I ever tasted.

4 Likes

Gongguan Night Market, I love the scallion pancakes besides the blue building here after grabbing that you can go to river side grab a drink. Weekends are always a party time. Open space, people dancing and just good vibe for sure.

I’m not sure I’d describe the Gongguan Riverside as a “night market.” But yes it can be reached by walking from the Gongguan night market area, where yes that green onion pancake vendor (located in the alley immediately south of Shuiyuan Public Market, the blue building named above) does some decent work. I wouldn’t describe their green onion pancakes as life-changing, but given how lousy the Chinese food has become in that part of Taipei I’ll take it—solid is certainly better than terrible!

Guy

1 Like

While we’re on the subject of the Gongguan night market: I wonder if any forumosans have visited the French guy’s stall lately? It was discussed in another thread here:

Guy

1 Like