Favorite quotes from Fred Smith

I was reading through an old thread. And, Forumosa’s finest, Fred Smith, was debating with sbmoor, I believe. I came across this in the interchange, and it made me chuckle. Do you have any you’d like to share?

Bodo

Beat me to it by 10 minutes!!!
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:[/quote]

Shit, and me by about another 18 mins.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:[/quote]

Shit, and me by about another 18 mins.[/quote]

Shiiivvverrr! He’s not that bad in person…usually. :blush:

Well, I was fishing around for the good bye thread this morning to quote him.

It is gone, expired I expect.

You have to admit though, it is quiet without him taking what was often the less popular view on things.

A partial quote - Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:09 pm

[quote]"If someone does not let it go, I give just as good as I
get and since I know alot more of the facts than
most of these people, the conversation does come to a quick close and despite the fact that they are the ones who usually
get angry and yell about how I don’t understand, they have labeled me the rabid republican and Bush fanatic even though I am not the one yelling
and am more than willing to write down what they say and then follow up on it. It is the fact that they canot prove they
have a rational reason for hating America that makes them angriest. You should see how they suffer.

But fuck them. I would rather be around the trailer trash of America who I know I can count on then these fair weather
“friends” any day. Some day they will need us again and I have my lecture notes all prepared for the speech I will be
giving at that dinner party rest assured. I will NEVER forget this betrayal by Germany, Belgium and France nor the
widespread hatred among Europeans from other nations which was downright malicious and when Ukraine and Belarus do go,
I shall be the first to call for UN action as the only possible solution.[/quote]
Ahh Mr. Smith - veritas is eternal. :bravo:

In this rare oasis of tolerance, they found the freedom to express their forbidden passion…

[quote=“the chief”]In this rare oasis of tolerance, they found the freedom to express their forbidden passion…
[/quote]
:roflmao: Classic.

Well…so much for Fred Smith quotes.

Ok, here’s my favorite:

Ahhh, my fave is one that Fred resevered only for me

[quote]Prove it[/quote] :wink:

Fred always liked you best.

Fred always liked you best.[/quote]

Hope so, as he did introduce me to points of view I wouldn’t have seen and challenged me. Qualities I truly admire in someone. :beer:

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Ok, here’s my favorite:

:laughing: :smiley:

[quote=“Namahottie”]Ahhh, my fave is one that Fred resevered only for me

It actually goes “Proof it”.

Other quotes of fred:

:wink:

These are some of the comments directed at yours truly in the course of one thread. Rather amusing actually.

Fred - No one takes your moral concerns seriously. I doubt you do yourself.

Fred - We have neither the time nor the luxury to pamper such narcissistic, self-absorbed, precious views. Please then acknowledge my view that his (bob

Fred, I know you’re reading this. See what you’ve done? Poor bob is traumatized! I hope you’re satisfied. :laughing:

BTW bob, Fred did not leave because of his banter with you. Note that other active IP posters are also staying out of it at the moment. It’s worse than you think, it’s a conspiracy. No, it’s true.

bobepine

Boo, hoo, hoo. Is Fred gone? Really? Why?

I, of course, blame George Bush for screwing things up so badly even the illustrious Fred Smith couldn’t cover for him any longer.

I haven’t felt this bad about anything since my mom told me the Krusty the Klown show was being cancelled because the host was up on morals charges.

I hereby move we lighten up on the remaining Coalition of the Dwindling holdouts before they all scurry away under rocks somewhere and we don’t have anyone to make fun of anymore.

Thank god for TC. At least he can take his licks like a man (no pun intended). If I had known the rest of them were so thin-skinned I would have gone a little easier on them. Who’d have known though? They all seemed like such tough guys.

Fred is an articulate, witty, extremely well read person with years of political study under his belt. He has been traveling, reading and engaging in debate for ages. How is it then that he was wrong about so many things? Honestly, this puzzles me. The only conclusions I can come to are that: 1) He wasn’t as wrong on those occassions as he appeared to be or, 2) He isn’t as intelligent and well informed as he appears. Neither of these conclusions seem reasonable so I posit a third explanation - He does it for some other reason. I would not, however, go so far as to suggest what those reasons might be.