Feedback regarding Forumosa's Moderators 2003

[quote=“Boomer”]I think you made my point for me Alien. I hope that is what you were trying to do. Thanks either way. The problem is that forums like this are viewed by some as the opinion of at least a segment of the foreign community in Taiwan. Double standards and abuse of authority do not aid in the effort to bring Taiwan

[quote=“Boomer”]
The problem is that forums like this are viewed by some as the opinion of at least a segment of the foreign community in Taiwan. Double standards and abuse of authority do not aid in the effort to bring Taiwan

[quote=“Boomer”]I think you made my point for me Alien.[/quote]What is your point ? Some mods are even more lenient than others ? The teaching forum is more strict than the open forum ?[quote] I hope that is what you were trying to do. Thanks either way. The problem is that forums like this are viewed by some as the opinion of at least a segment of the foreign community in Taiwan.[/quote]How is that a problem ?[quote]Double standards and abuse of authority do not aid in the effort to bring Taiwan

Give 'em time they aren’t too quick.

[quote=“Boomer”]Give 'em time they aren’t too quick.[/quote]They’ve had plently of time. It would have deleted in minutes if they wanted to. Alien could have deleted it, she even posted in here so you know she saw it.

I can only assume you’re a troll who’s trying to cause trouble, and failing, because the mods are above people like you, sadly, I’m not… that’s why I’m wasting my time answering you, when you didn’t answer my questions :unamused:

Methinks you’re not too quick yerself, little one.

Actually there has been more than one occasion where moderators rewrote my post. Could you perhaps explain to me why post criticizing the censorship on Formosa was moved into the trashcan here in feedback and announcements?
Unless you are a moderator you can’t answer my question any more than I can answer yours.
The double standards I am referring to is the profanity used by the moderator in this thread.

There is no trashcan. Feedback and announcements is the forum for constructive feedback (such as yours was intended to be I hope).

It is a pleasant, warm Sunday. I am going to spend the rest of the day swimming and meeting friends for dinner. I suggest that you find something similar to do. In all sincerity, I wish you a happy and peaceful day.

So Boomer considers moving a post into the right forum (ie feedback into the Feedback Forum) is censorship :unamused: All this time I thought he was imagining real censorship…

[quote=“chodofu”]It gets worse. I have come across posts in my name that I have never made, not drunk, stoned or otherwise. Absolutely never made. And of course, I certainly was not happy with what happened to my “Agonizing Decisons” thread.

Chou[/quote]

The voice of reason has convinced me that I probably did make that post. Although I have no idea what it means. That (percieved) security leak is most likely in my own head… I feel a bit like John Nash … nonetheless, I have had posts edited and/or toyed with. We are takling harmless posts, not flames or such. It seems an easy enough thing to solve, technically and administratelvily speaking. I’m looking forward to the uppgrade.

Chou

Cho, this is the land of guanxi. You gotta give to the mods to get from the mods. You get enough you can get away with anything, baby. Am I right? People? Peeeeeeepullllllll!?

(By the way, I never noticed any of my post being changed, only once when a moderator asked me to change a post in which I had called another poster a “wacko” (accurately, I believe) and asked that poster to “put down his crack pipe”, obviously a joke. But then again, I don’t really go back and re-read my posts, do you?)

Well I guess I am going to weigh in on this since I kind of started this with the new thread that I posted. AND as a reminder, when it got nasty, I requested that it be flamed to keep what I think is an important topic on line this time rather than see the whole thread flamed. I think the moderators were fair and I accept their decisions.

I do not feel that I have been in any way censored on forumosa. If I “squeal” or “whine” it is because I am criticizing what I deem to be sacred cows that other posters want to see protected. I see lots of criticism of American and its foreign policy and its leaders here so I thought hey, why not even it out with some frank discussions of France and Germany just to remind everyone that there is plenty to be criticized and not just in the USA?

Now that so much of world politics involves the Middle East, I think that area is fair game too. I have lived and studied there and I believe that I have the same right to criticize the Middle East and Arab culture as I do to criticize Taiwan and Taiwanese/Chinese culture. How long does one have to live in an area or travel to an area before one is allowed to criticize? I do not believe that I have gone any farther in my criticisms or wording regarding these nations, their leaders or their people than others have with regard to America and its leaders so…though I still believe that for many of the posters this is verboten, NOT for the moderators. And hey, I am offended by what a lot of people write about Bush and Cheney and America too but if I am going to dish it out…

As to Matthew’s comments… please see the restaurant review section. I believe that I have provided quite a bit of useful information over there. Occasionally, I also comment on the books section. What else would you like to see me contribute to?

I think both the website and the moderators are outstanding. Thank you.

Goddammit Fred, would you please just BUTTON IT! :wink:

As for Boomer, [quote]Could you perhaps explain to me why post criticizing the censorship on Formosa was moved into the trashcan here in feedback and announcements?
[/quote]

Trashcan? What the fuck are you on about? You’re complaining about so-called censorship. Explain to me, you dumb schmuck, how this does not constitute “feedback.” If you’re too half-witted to even be able to put your posts in the correct forum, why should be take anything you say seriously?

Oh and while we’re at it, what in the name of christ in a sidecar is your point about [quote]Double standards and abuse of authority do not aid in the effort to bring Taiwan’s service and government up to international standards.
[/quote]

What the fuck does that have to do with moderating Forumosa? I suggest that rather than whining and girning here like a wee GIRL, you’d be better off writing a letter of complaint IN THE STRONGEST POSSIBLE TERMS to Madame Chiang Kai-shek about those pesky Forumosa moderators. I’m sure she’ll have the clout and authority to help you.

[quote=“fred smith”]As to Matthew’s comments… please see the restaurant review section. I believe that I have provided quite a bit of useful information over there. Occasionally, I also comment on the books section. What else would you like to see me contribute to?[/quote]You’re quite right, you have, sorry :blush:
What I meant was … Apart from everything else you post about, you only post about one thing :?

Matthew:

No problem. In the original thread I was trying to coopt “outrage” and it did not work so I learned my lesson and will be taking the higher road this time. So in that way, I believe that posters such as yourself have pulled me back from making a mistake in tactics if my goal is to truly convince people that this is a problem.

um the sandman said some naughty words :blush:

I have special dispensation due to the paucity of my vocabulary. Plus, half-arsed nonsense pisses me off.