Fellow Canadians rejoice!

Leave it to me to once again somehow f— up the former PM’s name. I think that was the photo. That was the way AP had originally written it–“the man is unidentified.” The angry letters were a lot more amusing.

[quote=“tigerman”][quote=“porcelainprincess”][quote=“tigerman”]A Thaw In Canada - US Ties

[quote]A new prime minister is always a good excuse for Canadians to reaffirm their national identity as distinct from the giant, overbearing neighbor to their south.

csmonitor.com/2004/0115/p08s01-comv.html[/quote][/quote]

What, pray tell, does this have to do with the topic at hand?[/quote]

Uh, the topic at hand is the various prime ministers of Canada, including the new one, and how many Americans don’t even know who they are.

The article I linked to discusses the new Canadian Prime Minister’s first meeting with the US President.

I think that is pretty much on-topic.[/quote]

I thought the topic at hand began as a visual yuck at the expense of Chretien and Saddam, and then morphed into how an ignorant dolt actually indicated in a photo caption that the prime minister was an “unidentified man.” Perhaps, from an American perspective, the article you linked to makes a cryptic connection to the elusive nature of the PM’s identity (erm…“A new prime minister is always a good excuse for Canadians to reaffirm their national identity as distinct from the giant, overbearing neighbor to their south”?), or ties in somehow with a certain journalist’s brain cell deficiency, but this Canucklehead doesn’t really see it.

Then again…perhaps you were playing a game of association? Topic: Canadian prime minister with a beard looks sorta like Saddam, nyuck nyuck. Response: oh, er, uh, Canada…hey, here’s an article about thawing Canada-US ties!

I have pondered this question and cannot answer it as I have no example of hatred towards Canadians to compare it to. Summoning all my Stanislavian skills, I will now attempt to act American in order to discover what hatred towards me and my countrymen feels like:

[color=red]…[/color]

[color=blue]…starting to put on weight…[/color]

[color=white]…[/color]

[color=white]…[/color]

[color=red]WHERE DID THIS GUN COME FROM???..[/color]

[color=blue]…Hey you, reader, this is my property…my intellectual property, you can’t read it…now as I see it, I can either shoot you or sue you…“Git off mah land”…[/color]

[color=white]…Oh-hh say can you seeeeeeeee…[/color]

[color=red]Huh? Canada? They’s all jist lahk [/color][color=white]us anyhow…when we wants their water,[/color] [color=blue]we’s a-gonna jist march right up there and start drinkin’…[/color]

[color=red]Why doesn’t anybody like us? Why is everyone trying to kill us…[/color]

AHhhhh…no…I don’t like that feeling at all…

In answer to your question, ML, no…indifference does not hurt worse than hatred.

Now that gay marriages are legal in Canada, I will make you this one time offer. For $100,000US/year, I will marry you. This way you can feel free to travel the world safely, with a Canadian passport.

Method acting…gotta luv it.