Ferry from Kenting to Orchid Island

Hi,
I have heard that there is a ferry that runs from somewhere near Kenting to Orchid Island. I know that there is a boat running the other way i.e. from Orchid Island to Kenting but i’m not sure where in Kenting it leaves from!

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

[quote=“charlmorton”]Hi,
I have heard that there is a ferry that runs from somewhere near Kending to Orchid Island. I know that there is a boat running the other way i.e. from Orchid Island to Kending but i’m not sure where in Kending it leaves from!

Any info would be greatly appreciated![/quote]

Are you sure? That would be a long trip and a pretty rough one too. Try calling the tourism hotline:

0800 011 765

pretty sure …as the last time i went some of my friends took that boat back and later phoned me from kenting. It’s actually a a shorter route than from Taitung! thanks for the number, ill give it a ring!

Just took the ferry from Taidong to Green Island 2 weeks ago. I couldn’t believe the number of people getting sick on a 40 minute boat ride. I can’t imagine going on the long trip to Orchid Island.

pretty sure …as the last time i went some of my friends took that boat back and later phoned me from kenting. It’s actually a a shorter route than from Taitung! thanks for the number, ill give it a ring!

Orchid Island is a hell of a lot closer to Kenting than Taidong, in fact it would effectively cut the cruise time by almost half.

I’ve heard about this as well. Any info would be appreciated.

[quote=“MJB”]Orchid Island is a hell of a lot closer to Kending than Taidong, in fact it would effectively cut the cruise time by almost half.

I’ve heard about this as well. Any info would be appreciated.[/quote]

You’re right. I always think it’s the other way round, and Green Island is the lower one. Guess they want to keep the nuclear waste closer to the source.

Well I went to Kenting this weekend and there is indeed a ferry that leaves from Houbihu (on the way to Baishawan where the wind power turbines are) It takes 2.5 hrs but its well worth it! The first ferry leaves at 8:00am and i think the last one is at 1:00 pm.