Fertility clinic - Taipei/Kaohsiung

Not that i have any indications me or my wife (so i do not think we need something super specialized for now) but i was thinking that it would be good for various reasons to check our health on this issue before we decide to have a child so that we will know how to proceed… :wink:
From a quick research online i did not find any useful information regarding clinics that we could visit so i was wondering of any of you could suggest any private clinic or general hospital (in Taipei or Kaohsiung). I think i would prefer i small private clinic though. Thanks.

Just wondering, none has ever been to such clinic or fertility clinics do not really happen to be around in Taiwan? Not that i have such a big problem to ask a local, yet, still it is kind of a “sensitive” matter and was wondering of any of the expat community happens to know any clinic…

This is a thread on the topic, from what used to be “Parentpages”. You will have to scroll back and forth a bit, or do a more specific search:

http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/topic4103-80.html

People may have more uptodate information to share here, but this will get you started.

asiababy, thanks for the link :slight_smile:

Hi, I don’t have first hand experience, but I did witness a friend go through it. She booked it online the day she got to TW, got her first ultrasound and shots the same day she arrived, within 2 weeks, shots, egg retrieval, embryo freezing was done. The clinic was in Kaohsiung, very nice looking clinic. It cost less than 80, 000 TWD (less than 3000 Canadian), she stored her embryos and I think it was 8000 NTD (300 Canadian dollars) per year.

Compare that to Canada:
3 month wait list, $10,000 (Canadian dollars)

Hi kitkatkuo, I realise you posted your response awhile ago, but would you be able to find out the name of the clinic your friend used in Kaohsiung? Thanks!

I just wonder what they are called in Taiwan? It wouldn’t be a woman’s clinic because not every woman’s clinic would do that. And probably not every OB-GYN would do that.

It’s a fertility clinic. My husband said the one my sister in laws went is called 美術街. It is in the northern part of Kaohsiung.