Filipino worker in Taiwan: Drunk Driving Question

Good Day everyone! I am badly need your advices in my situation right now. Please help me.

I was drinking on april 3 birthday party of my friend i start drinking 10am and stop drinking at 3pm i was totally drunk that time. I got sleep maybe around 3-4pm and wake on the next day around 3am. I decide to take my motorcycle around 3:30am to buy some foods because im totally hungry but unfortunately a police confront me and test me of alcohol check. My level of alcohol is 0.47mg/l. I am not drunk that time im totally okay but the alcohol content is still there thats why was arrested by the police.

Will i be deported to philippine in this case?
Will i pay higher penalties?

Please help me i need your advices. Thank you!

You need a lawyer dude.

3 Likes

Legal aid office asap

1 Like

Gina Lin contact this person. She helped a lot of OFW.

3 Likes

Probably not, but likely depends on your ARC status.

If you are on a marriage ARC, definitely not.

Because you are a foreigner? No.

1 Like

My ARC is not married

I think you mean will you pay a high price for the trouble ?

Why did the cop :policewoman: test you?

1 Like

I think the fine can be about 50-100k.

Will i get deported?

Not sure about that.

Fyi

1 Like

Probably reeked.

Is Taiwan zero tolerance?
His BAC isn’t high at all.

That blood alcohol level can land you in prison. You need a lawyer.

Article 185-3
A person who drives a motor vehicle in any one of the following circumstances shall be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than two years; in addition thereto, a fine of not more than two hundred thousand dollars may be imposed:

1. the person’s exhalation contains alcohol of 0.25 milligrams per liter or more, or the person’s blood alcohol concentration is 0.05 percent or more.
  2. there are circumstances other than those stipulated in the preceding subparagraph which may prove that the person has consumed alcohol or other similar substances which prevent the person from driving safely.
  3. the person uses drugs, narcotics or other similar substances that prevent the person from driving safely.
    If the offense results in death, the offender shall be sentenced to imprisonment for not less than three years but less than ten years; if the offense results in serious physical injury, the offender shall be sentenced to imprisonment for not less than one year but less than seven years.
    A person who has once committed the offense set forth in this article or in Article 54 of the Criminal Code of the Armed Forces and been judged guilty or subject to deferred prosecution but commits the offense set forth in paragraph 1 again within five years that results in the death of another shall be sentenced to life imprisonment or imprisonment for not less than five years; in case of serious physical injury, such person shall be sentenced to imprisonment for not less than three years but not more than ten years.

https://law.moj.gov.tw/ENG/LawClass/LawAll.aspx?pcode=C0000001

4 Likes

He said totally ok, that why i asked. Totally ok will stay far away from ops when drinking . Love to hear more of your story , hope you get some legal advice

Not high??? Where are you, must drink a lot there.

Isn’t that 0.047 BAC?
That’s just over half the legal limit in the US.

1 Like

Thanks. I was calculating it wrong. So he was probably about 25% over the US limit if I’m doing it right now.

The legal limit in Taiwan is 0.15mg/L (BAC 0.03%) . The OP’s blood alcohol level is more than 3 times the legal limit.