Filling the void

Not THAT void! Steady on… :face_with_monocle:

I’m starting a highly-scientifical psychomological study using all the dingle arms and wobblesocks to understand how people generally fill their spare time, particularly mid-week.

Thus far, I have compiled the below list:-

1: Alcohol
2: A project (knitting a jersey, fixing a bicycle, etc…)
6: Starting or getting involved in some kind of pointless conversation on the Internet :smiley:
8: Netflix
NaN: Onlyfans
3/5: Video gamering
14th October 1066: Getting S W O L E (exercising of any kind)

Most of these are fairly solitary forms of recreation (what’s more lonely than a night on the bathroom floor after spending time with your best mate Johnnie Walker) - wondering what other people do to pass the time?

4 Likes

Mow the lawn. Watch it grow back. Mow the lawn.

3 Likes

I find waxing more effective

4 Likes

On or off?

Just like grape

What is this free time during the week thing?

6 Likes

I like cooking, feathering the nest. This requires some shopping, cleaning, but makes the beer-and-movie time more enjoyable

I don’t have much “spare time” as such. I waste a few hours a day drinking coffee and reading. Basically I’m prepping for the End Times, as you may have gathered from other threads. Right now I’m working on the controller for my indoor grow system.

1 Like

9 Likes

I did consider it, but basically it’s a mug’s game. I’m thinking cherry tomatoes, salad veg, etc. Stuff like that sells for $20/kg, which is of course a lot less than “tomatoes”, but at least you don’t have to worry about men with guns kicking the door in at 3am. I’m sure when the New World Order is in full swing, there will be “mandates” concerning the illegal growing of radishes, but I’ll worry about that when it happens.

I also have several hop varieties planted - since we will of course need a reliable supply of beer in Klaus Schwab’s paradise - but for obvious reasons they’re outside.

3 Likes

You’ll probably be growing replacement organs at this rate… :sweat_smile:

And furthering the WEF agenda? Not on my watch! :grandpa:

I’m too old for that sort of thing. I’ll be leaning on my gate, sipping a beer, and complaining to the world at large about the folly of the youth of today.

1 Like

My girlfriend bought me an “expandable crustacean toy” at a 雜貨店 for $30. I’ve spent the last few days watching it gradually expand in a tub of water.

10 Likes

When will it be ready to boil and eat? :drooling_face:

1 Like

Who has any spare time ? Not all of us

I don’t have any spare time

3 Likes

Meetups? Grabbing drinks/dinner with friends?

3 Likes

One doesn’t eat one’s emotional support animal. Especially when it’s made of plastic.

When he’s fully grown I might have take him for walks on a silk leash a la French poet Gerard de Nerval

3 Likes

Sorry, I take exception to your post on ethical grounds.

I don’t condone buying products made in the Animal Kingdom. I personally wouldn’t be happy with my swollen lobster knowing it was made in a factory run by a bunch of predators. :cactus:

2 Likes

artworks-000163712869-m2lf2v-t500x500

OP said not that void

Also, I’d like to add that I pass lots of time here on the flob. Too much, even

2 Likes

Get a pet

2 Likes