Finance book recommendations

Does anyone have any recommendations of non-American finance books written in English? Or non-American blogs/youtubers/finance columists?

I’ve read
Barefoot Investor (Australian)
She’s on the Money (Australian)
The Psychology of Money (American)
And just started Thinking Fast And Slow (American)

I’d recommend all of these books as they teach finance through stories and anecdotes rather than graphs and figures. Barefoot Investor and She’s on the Money were both a great start but feel a bit simple now

I follow
The Cash Compass (American)
Random TikTok people (mostly American)

I’ve also read a lot of online articles lately

There are many, many youtube channels, blogs and articles regarding American finance but it’s a bit harder to find non-American resources. American finance is interesting and most of the core ideas apply to any democratic capitalist country, but I’m not in America or American so it would be nice to branch out :slight_smile:

I don’t really want to read any more about 401ks and the rise of the American consumer or how the Great Depression and WW2 affected the American share markets, or the financial crisis of 2008 which never reached Australia. as I don’t connect well with these events. Also, 401ks and the complexities of American taxes don’t apply to me.

The finance section of the news is always so negative I avoid it too :sweat_smile:

Any recommendations? :blush:

I assume there are no books about Taiwanese finance written in English that are a good read but I’d love to be wrong!

The Little Book of Common Sense Investing is excellent. Timeless wisdom. Still an American book, but the overall principles apply anywhere.

1 Like

the intelligent investor by Benjamin Graham is a very good book.
i also recommend books by Wade Pfau about retirement.
Personal Wealth Management by Hallman and Rosenbloom is also worth reading.

1 Like

My book depository cart is looking heavy :sweat_smile: thanks guys :slight_smile: