"financial" requirement for APRC

I have search all over this forum for this topic and have not found a definitive answer as the responses I have found all varied.

I would like to know what the “financial” requirements are when applying for the APRC. Some said we need to show income statements of at least twice the minimum monthly salary in Taiwan for the previous fiscal year or the last 12 months. Some said we need to have at least 5 million NTD in total real estate assets in Taiwan. And there are others who have said only 500,000 NTD in bank balance at a Taiwanese bank account will suffice.

Based on those who already have an APRC, which requirement is more accurate? Are the above mentioned all required or only one of the 3? Would be great if someone can chime in and I can get some clarification as I’m edging closer to the date I need to apply for mine. Thanks in advance.

Just look at the official rules. It’s all written there and not a mystery. Either double the minimum annual salary or NT$5 million in assets.

Not sure where you heard NT$500,000 in a bank account is sufficient, but obviously that’s not the case or many people would just pay for it. Sounds like a wan-to-thousand/million conversion error.

7 Likes

Check picture below: (Doc is from 2011 where the min. wage stood at 17280/mth. So just ignore the amount, the financial requirements remain the same i.e double the min. wage for the current year)

Taiwan’s basic wage for 2023 stands currently at 26400/Mth, so you will be required to make at least 26400*2 = 52800/mth or 633,600/yr to qualify.
Screenshot_3

1 Like

That’s what I thought too, but during my initial search on this exact forum, more than one person were posting/suggesting this to be the case. To show at least 500,000 NT in a Taiwan bank account for 1 full year from date of application without having the balance dropping below this amount within the year. I guess they were misinformed because this also sounded too easy to achieve if you asked me.

Has anyone tried to prove the 5m financial assets by using capital investment for a Taiwan company? Seems it should be pretty straight forward just by providing the company license and business registration that shows capital investment?

I had a company with that in assets when I did the citizenship thingy. Was not counted so I used the personal assets of NT$5 million. That’s back in the late 90’s so the amount has not changed since then.

Income is easiest IMO. Or if you buy a house.

Forumosa is a great source of information. However, it’s also the home of a number people who feel the need to respond to almost any and every question. Even when they don’t know the answer. Just look into the whole Covid 19 mess. We have people on this forum who know more than all the doctors and scientists at the best universities and hospitals in the world about treatments, prevention, origins etc.

17 Likes

then why 34560 in the document shown?

That document looks to be decade or more old. It is likely referring to 34560 as twice the min wage. In additional, to my understanding now, no more health checks and criminal background checks are needed if you continuously stay in Taiwan without leaving for a certain amount of time, at least for gold card holders. Lastly, only 3 years are needed, again, applying only to gold card holders. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

I think it’s 5-years for non gold card holders. But the same regulation should apply: If you haven’t left the country for more than 6 months (?) at a time, you can skip the health check and only need a background check from Taiwan (but not from your country of citizenship).

1 Like

It’s pretty obvious that that doc was not obtained this year. Minimum wage usually rises every year so that amount will keep changing but the financial requirements remain the same (double the min. wage). I specifically posted the latest min. wage for 2023 just so there wouldn’t be any confusion.

5 Likes

It’s approx 650000. I just paid my taxes today. Hands down. Report 650k and you are good. I’m applying for my APRC this year.

As stated by springonion, the monthly minimum wage is $26,400 x 2 = $52,800 x 12 = $633,600 if you apply this year for your APRC.

1 Like

I remember reading somewhere that for teachers if your official pay is less than the minimum you could just self-report private teaching to make up the difference (and pay the taxes on that self-reported amount).
Can anybody confirm this?

26 posts were split to a new topic: From financial requirements

Yes that’s right. 5 years for non gold cardholders.

Over the years I’ve seen a number of posts asking this questions and a few times people suggesting that it could be done. I don’t think it’s possible because you could, in theory, be making almost nothing and then borrowing money from someone and claim it as income to qualify for the APRC.

What did you have to do to show this? Supposing it’s in a bank account how long did you have to keep it there? Or if it is in real estate, again how do you prove the value? Thanks!

I owned property so used deed and also had to show my property taxes were paid as well. I did not have to get a valuation of the property and they can check the address to know.

3 Likes