Finding a place to live during the pandemic

Bwahahaha.
Few of us so lucky. Many of us spent most of our adult life here.
I think I could get the government pension if I moved back and pled poverty though. Not aiming for that to be the case obviously.

Most furriners I know keep at least feeding the government pension fund in their respective countries of origin. Married folk, single folk, younger than me folk.

Me, I am looking forward to helping out with the recycling in my old age.

4 Likes

The people on Forumosa have clearly made their decision.

Well, they are here, not there, for various reasons.

Or do you guys want me to expand on the safety, convenience, ease of living, fast service, good food, etc all the advantages of living in Taiwan?

Back to our topic, if anyone sees anything that could be a decent abode, please send it our way. There is a sick, elderly cat that needs a proper place to rest.

I think you mean Taipei in your case :grin:.

The real estate game works the same way all over the world, rent is used to cover the mortgage.
Advice for your friend: Don’t rule out a walkup while still relatively young. Ditch (or forget to mention) the cat. Plenty of options under 25K. And please forget about the 2018 prices, those are gone and not coming back.

They should give you the dual citizenship. That’s REAL Taiwanese. :grin:

2 Likes

Jesus Christ. More bullshit about Meihas. I just walked to the 7-11 in Sanmin road, door to door, it took me 2 mins 50 seconds. On Sunday me and the Mrs. strolled to Bitan area in under 30 mins after crossing the over-bridge between here and the riverside area. I’ve lived here 3 and a half years and I still haven’t seen a ghost. I would genuinely like to know why some, otherwise seemingly intelligent, posters insist on posting idiotic comments they seem to pull out of thin air. Please educate me. For clarity, I rent my apartment here, so I have no financial interest in promoting it. Just can’t understand the fake comments.

2 Likes

Couldn’t get any nearer to the MRT than this (and could probably negotiate the price down if you didn’t want the car space). I know that development normally has a bunch of places up for rent.

It doesn’t say pet friendly.

Gotta look for this.

Luzhou is a good suggestion, good connectivity and some newer apts . I’ve also mulled over moving there previously.

1 Like

I ticked “可養寵物” and it appeared in the results.

2 Likes

Weird! I mean maybe they do. It doesn’t say so I guess asking would be the best.

Yes in my experience if you’re furnishing the apartment yourself most landlords are pretty comfortable with a cat or a dog. If they’ve already furnished it…good luck.

1 Like

We found a bright 2 bedroom apartment (20坪) in Xizhi for 16.5k, building management included three weeks ago. Semi-furnished and in a far from perfect state after previous tenants but the landlord agreed to do repairs and painting from his pocket before we moved in.

The whole process was actually faster and easier than I expected but I guess that’s due to my grueling experiences with trying to find a place in the Netherlands.

1 Like

I want to live there. Close to the riverside and not that far to the mrt. I’ll be looking there if I move.

1 Like

It’s worth a look, Dave. If you like plenty of sunshine and mountain views try the river side of the buildings. Most apartments have outside balconies. The other side’s a bit cooler with city views.

1 Like

I think there is a history of being slightly negative about meheshi because it blocked out the sun and has a simplified character on the main gate.

Well, thank you, that explains absolutely everything. I can now see why those two egregious occurrences can lead people (including yourself) to invent silly untruths about the place. PS. Most high rises block out someones sun. I’ll check out the damning simplified character asap! Meanwhile you may want to amend your incorrect comment. Thanks!

1 Like

Spare a though for box turtles who would need more time to cover the distance :laughing:

What is the rent like there?