Finding chickpeas and lentils in Luodong/Yilan?

Currently living in Luodong in Yilan county, but can’t find chickpeas or lentils (dried or tinned or any!) anywhere.

Anyone know where I might be able to get hold of some? Or would I have to get them on a visit to Taipei?

[quote=“HeraldingChaz”]Currently living in Luodong in Yilan county, but can’t find chickpeas or lentils (dried or tinned or any!) anywhere.

Anyone know where I might be able to get hold of some? Or would I have to get them on a visit to Taipei?[/quote]
Look for organic stores - perhaps 里仁. They’ll sometimes stock dried chickpeas and lentils.

Thanks, I don’t know of any/haven’t seen any around, though I’m sure there must be. Do they usually look a certain way from the outside?

This website…
leezen.com.tw/big5/main2.asp#
… sends me to this Luodong branch (I think):
leezen.com.tw/big5/main21.asp?idno=72

Address: 宜蘭縣羅東鎮和平路104號: Ilan County, Luodong, Heping Road, #104.

No guarantees, but I assume Luodong isn’t that big: try having a look there.

Website for Ilan branch: leezen.com.tw/big5/main21.asp?idno=172
Address for Ilan branch: 宜蘭市中山路三段174號 / Zhongshan Road, Section 3, #174. The photo of the Ilan branch looks more “typical” and more likely to stock what you’re looking for.

Heping Rd isn’t too far at all. Awesome, thanks very much :slight_smile:

I found the same information as @lostinasia.

It’s here on Google Maps, and you can actually see the shop on street view.

The shops look something like this:

( emmm.tw/L3_content.php?L3_id=59713 )

Hope they have your chickpeas and lentils…

order from Trinity Grocery store in Taipei. Contact Jennifer by email at janet@trinityworldwide.com for prices and availability. They are also on Facebook.

There’s an organic store in Yilan City. It’s on Zhongshan road, between Nongchuan road and Nuzhong road, on the right side if you come from the train station just after the tall building on Nongchuan road. If you check Google maps there’s a Panasonic store. That’s where the organic store is, it just opened earlier this year so Google hasn’t passed by again.

There’s also a store just next to Starbucks besides the Yoai department store.