Finding Design work in Taiwan? Graphics, Commercial Art

Hi,

I’m thinking about making a move overseas, and I was looking for design work, I hear they need a lot of english speaking designers in asia, can anyone help me out with more info on this?

Thanks!

You’ll need either a bachelor’s degree (from an acceptable school) plus 2 years documentable full-time work experience, an MA and 1 year of experience, or a Ph.D.

OR, become a Taiwanese national or marry a local.

The question of whether or not you can find work, and whether your aesthetic is going to be anything similar to the Hello Kittyfied atmosphere in Taiwan, is separate. :smiley:

Well, I have my Bachelors, and I have 5 years of full time and 10 total years (part time/freelance) under my belt design experience under my belt.

I’m definitely separate from the hello kitty design aesthetics, which is what I figured they would want for use on American packaging etc.

Do you know of any good places to look online for job leads?

[quote=“RebelGT”]Well, I have my Bachelors, and I have 5 years of full time and 10 total years (part time/freelance) under my belt design experience under my belt.

I’m definitely separate from the hello kitty design aesthetics, which is what I figured they would want for use on American packaging etc.

Do you know of any good places to look online for job leads?[/quote]

Can you read Chinese? If so, then www.104.com.tw is the place to look. Well worth putting your resume up there too, even if you put up your information in English only.

I definitely can’t read chinese, I’ll try and find someone who can. Thanks for the help :slight_smile: