Finding work in Taiwan

Hello

I was hoping someone could provide some information or tips for finding work. I apologise if there is obvious help on here but there is a lot of information, quite a lot to take in. What sort are jobs of available to me?

Please let me explain my situation -

I’m from UK

I have my heart set on a working holiday visa in Taiwan and I am currently preparing my visa application. Hope to be there early 2016.

I don’t hold a university degree but I have several years experience as an intelligence analyst.

My Mandarin is basically nothing. I’m trying to work on that.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jay

[quote=“John”]Working Holiday Visa

Thank you, John

[quote=“阿倫!”]Hello

I was hoping someone could provide some information or tips for finding work. I apologise if there is obvious help on here but there is a lot of information, quite a lot to take in. What sort are jobs of available to me?

I’m from UK

I have my heart set on a working holiday visa in Taiwan and I am currently preparing my visa application. Hope to be there early 2016.

I don’t hold a university degree but I have several years experience as an intelligence analyst.

Thanks

Jay[/quote]

I don’t have any firsthand knowledge about the working holiday visa, and I don’t know whether things have changed since 2013 and 2014, but in the 2013-2014 thread linked below, someone gave a description of how they applied for that kind of visa, and followed up with a little more information in another post about four months into the visa:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 8#p1552068

Again, I don’t know whether the information in that thread still applies.

[quote=“Charlie Jack”][quote=“阿倫!”]Hello

I’m from UK

Thanks

Jay[/quote]

I don’t have any firsthand knowledge about the working holiday visa, and I don’t know whether things have changed since 2013 and 2014, but in the 2013-2014 thread linked below, someone gave a description of how they applied for that kind of visa, and followed up with a little more information in another post about four months into the visa:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 8#p1552068

Again, I don’t know whether the information in that thread still applies.[/quote]

This is great, much appreciated. Thank you.

You’re welcome, 阿倫!

Hi guys and gals. The above link is for youth visa. I haven’t been a youth for a long time. Is it the same as a working holiday visa?

My goal is to structure an off-shore in HK w/ a RO in Taiwan. I need to be able to travel in and out. Can I do this with a youth or a working holiday visa while I’m setting things up?

Many thanks!

viewforum.php?f=67

boca.gov.tw/content?mp=2&CuItem=1443