Fine for not renewing bike licence and insurance

i have a motor bike that i dont use. its been sitting in my flat for the last year. i wish to sell it but i need advice.
the motot bike licence is 1 and half year expired.
Insurance expired as well.
I dont use it and have not used it scince the license and insurance expired but i wish to sell it, its in goodd working order.
do i need to renew the license and insurance before i sell it?
The bike is in my bosses name, how and where do i get the papers for transfer?
Do i have to pay a fine for leaving the renewal so long, even though i have never used it, Please God I hope not!!!
please can someone help me.

Do I need to renew the license and insurance before i sell it?

Yes.

The bike is in my bosses name, how and where do I get the papers for transfer?

Your boss will need to renew the license, registration, and insurance before it can be transfered into your name. He will need to go to the local DMV.

Do I have to pay a fine for leaving the renewal so long, even though I have never used it, Please God I hope not!!!

Probably

After he gets the bike legit, then you guys can go down to the DMV together and get it transfred into your name. Then you can sell it. I would first estimate how much it will cost to get the bike legit, and compare it with how much you can sell the bike for.

i believe that you will just have to pay up for a new blue card, which means paying for the time you didn’t use it as well. buying new insurance should not require that you cover the time that the bike was not being used - you can just purchase it today for use in the future year … i think.

The fine for not having insurance is around 50,000nt . Incase anyone is curious. But that’s if you are caught by the police on the street…and they care enough to write the ticket. I’m sure there wouldn’t be a fine for re-newing it.

i am wanting to sell my scooter
where do i get the papers to transfer the licence, registration and insurance to another party.
please give me address and what documents required

I have merged this latest post of yours in here with the replies to your previous posts on a similar topic.

[quote=“KawasakiRider”]Your boss will need to renew the license, registration, and insurance before it can be transfered into your name. He will need to go to the local DMV.[/quote]DMV is Department of Motor Vehicles office. There is at least one in every major city. If you let us know where you are then perhaps someone will be kind enough to post an address or directions.

For more on the specifics of transferring ownership including the required documents, please read this thread carefully;
[Transferring vehicle registration

No fines for renewing a bike outtq rego… ignore the scaremongers…

But you will need your bosses ID and Chop and probably him in person to transfer to the new owner… call the moto registry first and ask