Firecrackers

…and my kids love the fireworks…

my idiot neighbor went on to the roof (my bedroom ceiling) at 3 am last night to stumble drunkenly around and light off fireworks. He of course left all the burnt paper and shit all over the place, so like the good neighbor I am… I cleaned it all up for him and dumped it on his front door.

Changing hearts and minds one asshole at a time :slight_smile:

Last night around 1-1:30 AM some a…holes set off fireworks that sounded as exploding right in front of our bedroom window … I wanted to get out and do something heroic, like throwing out of bed the toilet pot or something … than luckily it started raining all night … I mean really raining … no more noise until … well … now

Why are the weather gods not cooperating anymore? … The noise started again a couple of minutes ago … are there still ‘evil’ spirits left …

No. The evil spirits are currently all cowering in the corner, left senseless and deaf along with all the islands “beloved” pets and small children…

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]I wish they’d ban them, like they have in Beijing.

The noise is starting in earnest now, and I know it’s going to drive me close to madness over the next few days.[/quote]

apparently it wasnt banned this year and look what happened?? ? ONE DEAD AND TWO with missing eyeballs.

taipeitimes.com/News/front/a … 2003349625

Across the road from us is a 24 story apartment block and some well intentioned fool was letting rockets off from his 8th floor balcony.
All seemed to be going well until he got his angle wrong and the rocket fired straight up, hit the window box on the floor directly above, bounced down and exploded at ground level…right were the outdoor recreation area is. Luckily nobody was there.

And Beijing had to look after 140 fires that had started due to fireworks …

I thought that sales of fireworks was regulated in Taiwan … I just saw a little girl behind a table on the street selling it …

Too lazy to read through all the posts, but do we have some figures how many tons of firecrackers are set off here in Taiwan during this period? (and if it is more than the Dutch use on their Holidays?) Wiki does not say anything on this consumption.

[quote=“twonavels”]I agree with you Wolf. We went down to the river last night to check it all out. People were shooting stuff right at each other…insane!!! And bottle rockets rule!
When and where is that festival down South where everybody has to wear raincoats and helmets to protect themselves? I think that’s Lantern Festival.[/quote]

I always wanted to check that out…looks fun and scary as hell! Here’s a link & video:

gio.gov.tw/info/festival_c/glue_e/tainan.htm

Great time of the year to shoot someone.

'Tis true.Nothing we can do about this shit & selfish tradition.But if it is really worse to stay here in Taiwan than in our home countries because of this,then we should piss off back to where we came from.
That doesn’t mean that it wouldn’t give immense satisfaction to shove a bottle rocket first in the ear-hole of one of these arseholes & then one deeply up his arse & lighting it! (Especially when they set them off in the wee hours of the morning)

[quote=“Taiwanderer”]Nothing we can do about this shit & selfish tradition.But if it is really worse to stay here in Taiwan than in our home countries because of this,then we should piss off back to where we came from.
That doesn’t mean that it wouldn’t give immense satisfaction to shove a bottle rocket first in the ear-hole of one of these arseholes & then one deeply up his arse & lighting it! (Especially when they set them off in the wee hours of the morning)[/quote]

Truer words were never spoken. :notworthy:

Yay. Midnight fireworks woke me out of my stupor just before I was about to fall asleep. Grumblegrowlgraaw

Yeah, it’s 3 weeks+ now that all these idiotic morons set off firecrackers any time day or nigh without considering other people … they are either high on Gaoliang or whisby … and binlang …

This morning they started around 5 AM and the last one I heared went off at around 3 AM last night …

This morning at around six,the bastards shocked me out of my peaceful slumber,out of my dream of eating a Subway.Right next to my house.Of course,it doesn’t help that I’m RIGHT next to a cursed temple!! :fume: :loco:

What? You’re dreaming of eating Subway … you must be in a state of … :smiley:

Yeah,no kidding,it was literally from the SUBlime to the ridiculous.Take me away from the land of decent food,even in my dreams thereof,& add insult to injury by awakening me to the very real world of the savage cacophony which is Taiwan.(at times).Low blow!! lol