Firefox 3 unstable

[quote=“Mer”]I still find Firefox 3 disappointing in some respects. Yes, I agree that overall it is better and safer than IE, but Firefox 3 remains buggy IMHO.

On ESPN for example, if you try to launch their video player, it says you need to install Flash8 to view video content. I have Flash8 installed. It works on other sites. Any attempts to download the latest version of Flash, and re-install, do nothing to solve the problem.[/quote]You mentioned that before. And, as I said before, the videos on that site work fine for me in FF3. That’s on both my XP and my Vista machines. I’m not saying that it definitely isn’t a bug in Firefox, but at least we know it works for some people!

Might sound like a stupid question, but are you sure you’ve got the Flash plugin for Mozilla? I think IE and Mozilla require separate plugins. Have you actually followed the link from the popup in FF3?

[quote=“joesax”][quote=“Mer”]I still find Firefox 3 disappointing in some respects. Yes, I agree that overall it is better and safer than IE, but Firefox 3 remains buggy IMHO.

On ESPN for example, if you try to launch their video player, it says you need to install Flash8 to view video content. I have Flash8 installed. It works on other sites. Any attempts to download the latest version of Flash, and re-install, do nothing to solve the problem.[/quote]You mentioned that before. And, as I said before, the videos on that site work fine for me in FF3. That’s on both my XP and my Vista machines. I’m not saying that it definitely isn’t a bug in Firefox, but at least we know it works for some people!

Might sound like a stupid question, but are you sure you’ve got the Flash plugin for Mozilla? I think IE and Mozilla require separate plugins. Have you actually followed the link from the popup in FF3?[/quote]
I’ve got Flash installed separately for both IE and FF. When the ESPN video pop-up comes up and says I need the latest version of Flash8 for FF, I click on the link, download it, kill the browser, install Flash, get back on ESPN and try again, and the same thing happens all over again. It works fine though if I watch vids using IE.

Don’t get me wrong, I do prefer FF to IE almost 100% of the time, but I do think they haven’t finished the product offering off as well as they could. The bugs are few and limited, it just annoys me because some of the news and sports sites I frequent require me to use IE instead for full functionality. I would like to find a fix for it but don’t really know where to start.

I’ve got Flash installed separately for both IE and FF. When the ESPN video pop-up comes up and says I need the latest version of Flash8 for FF, I click on the link, download it, kill the browser, install Flash, get back on ESPN and try again, and the same thing happens all over again. It works fine though if I watch vids using IE. [/quote]Oh, right. Well, I seem to remember something like that happening for me with an older version of Firefox for a while. Can’t remember how it got fixed, though–sorry.

I’ve got Flash installed separately for both IE and FF. When the ESPN video pop-up comes up and says I need the latest version of Flash8 for FF, I click on the link, download it, kill the browser, install Flash, get back on ESPN and try again, and the same thing happens all over again. It works fine though if I watch vids using IE. [/quote]Oh, right. Well, I seem to remember something like that happening for me with an older version of Firefox for a while. Can’t remember how it got fixed, though–sorry.[/quote]
I seem to recall that too. FF2 was buggy this way with Flash and some sites until it was fixed up. I’m sure it’s just a matter of time. I shouldn’t complain I guess. It’s all free! :slight_smile:

And I can still watch ESPN videos with FF3 on the webpage they are imbedded in as well, just not using their pop-up viewer.