First Bank Visa Debit Card not functioning

Hello there,

I have visa debit cards from Fubon and First Bank. When I use my Fubon, for say using Uber, I have no problem and the transaction goes through perfectly.

Using Uber as an example again whilst making use of my First Bank visa debit card instead, the transaction goes through but then I am sent a text message by the bank telling me the transaction has been declined. After I finish my taxi ride I receive a message on the Uber platform telling me I owe them X amount for the rescinded transaction.

I have the same issue attempting other transactions with the First Bank card. Of course, I have the required funds available on the card.

I would be grateful if anyone could shed light on this issue which is really starting to piss on my battery as I get paid into my First Bank account. I have been having to transfer funds to the Fubon account to transact.

Have you asked First Bank?

1 Like

Well. There’s your problem. You’re using Worst Bank!
:grin:

I have not. I was hoping for a solution that did not involve the pain of going into a branch.

I know they have a bilingual branch in the city - if I get no possible fixes here I will take the long journey into the city.

So true. I’m sorry to hear that the OP’s pay goes into First Bank. The number of complaints about First Bank–my own included–is astounding.

Ok looks like I either need to go into a branch or switch banks.

I asked them to return all of my application forms because their arcane rules about EVERYTHING just made even the most basic things a literal nightmare. They micromanage everything about you, including where you can open an account.

I took the forms and ripped them up in front of them to express how disgusted I was. In Taiwan, this is probably the worst insult you can do that doesn’t count under public insult laws.