First container-built Starbucks in Taiwan to open in Hualien

More typhoon proof than the other one, and a quake will shake it but not collapse or pancake as buildings do.

1 Like

Their coffee already tastes like rusted steel sitting out in the sun. Donā€™t think this will help matters.

4 Likes

As well as being a phony prophet, he was also no seismologist. A 14 magnitude quake is literally impossible. Itā€™d be so strong itā€™d rip the whole planet in half, let alone just Taiwan.

What year is that nonsense from? That articleā€™s interface looks very old school.

1 Like

Nailed it!

1 Like

You are using logic, my good sir. many not so logical people follow pied pipers blindlyā€¦and this guy ripped off millions. And he used no 2012 hype.

2011 says the article. More or less.

1 Like

What happened to him? Did he get any jail time, or did he give some sob story to the judge and get off with a slap on the wrist?

Hey, itā€™s Starfbuck$.

What judge?

He shed a few tears and all was fine!

That container design has nothing going for it, bad!

We always called it Eightbucks.

Says here he was fined like 40kā€¦not even a scratch.

The complainant, surnamed Sun (å­«), said on Saturday that he was fooled by Wangā€™s actions into renting a ā€œcargo shelterā€ for his family and spending more than NT$140,000 on rice and coal.

Sun, who made the accusations at Puliā€™s Ailan police station, said Wang had turned down his repeated requests for a refund of the money he had spent on goods primarily meant for the doomsday that Wang so confidently guaranteed would happen.

ā€œWith the Lunar New Year holiday approaching, my life is getting harder and harder, which is why I decided to bring fraud charges against Wang to get my hard-earned money back,ā€ Sun said.

Sun added that he did not rule out teaming up with other people who also fell victim to Wangā€™s false prophecy to ask for justice.

In response to Sunā€™s accusations, Wang said that he had bought supplies for Sun at Sunā€™s request.

ā€œWhen he [Sun] asked me to buy those products for him, the price of rice was NT$23 per kilogram, which increased to NT$26 a kilogram by the time I bought it. I even paid the difference with my own money,ā€ Wang said.

Wang said that the relationship between him and Sun turned sour after the latter refused to pay him back the money.

ā€œI believe the judicial system will clear my name,ā€ Wang said.

ā€¦which is why now they made it against the law to emit such predictions publiclyā€¦

1 Like

Some other names

Tarbucks (because it tastes like tar, get it?)

Starfucks

Cartrucks

SARSbucks

Starcucks

Iā€™m sure more will come to meā€¦

1 Like

I want to sue you becauseā€¦Iā€™m an idiot. Brilliant!

1 Like

If only it were that rich in flavorā€¦

Never has the term caveat emptor been more fittingā€¦

Charbucks. Nasty burnt crap

Whatā€™s the address or location or name of connected mall?

ę–°å¤©å ‚ę؂園
973花蓮ēø£å‰å®‰é„‰å—ęæ±č·Æäø€ę®µ503號

Thanks. Drove by there many times wondering what is with the sparkling building. Maybe they have signage up now.