First-Day-of-Summer Beach Day, Saturday 6/21 at Wai'ao

It’s time again for Beach Day, an annual tradition at Taiwanease.com that is always much anticipated. Come join us for another wonderful day at one of the most beautiful beaches in Taiwan in Wai’ao, just in front of the Rising Sun Surf Inn, only 50 minutes outside of Taipei.

It’s just a fun, family-friendly day at the beach that started out small a few years back and grows a little bit bigger every year. There are no DJs, no loudspeakers, no organized activities. We just think it’s fun to get people and families together, play in the ocean, let the kids run around with each other, make sand castles, etc. I like to drink beer with the other dads, play with the kids, finish a hot day in the sun with a meal, and then head home. It’s mellow, it’s not very structured, it’s just supposed to be fun and relaxing.

Bus Transportation from Taipei will be available for those who need it - but you have to register in advance. Click here to reserve a seat for the bus.

This is the Facebook Page for our event. Please sign up so that we have an approximate idea of how many people to expect.

I’ve asked Baba Kevin American Barbecue to provide dinner for us all. He’ll be setting up the grill in the outdoor space behind Rising Sun Surf Inn. Cost is $500 per person, and includes barbecued beef brisket, pulled pork, chicken drumsticks, and sides of mac salad and cornbread. Soft drinks and beer can be purchased separately at Rising Sun.

Kids under 12 (of paying parents) eat for free! (They get pulled pork sliders along with two sides, mac salad and cornbread.)

THIS PART IS IMPORTANT: Meal tickets MUST be purchased ahead of time so that Kevin knows how much to prepare. People without a ticket will be served only after people with meal tickets have been served, and only subject to availability. DON’T be left disappointed and hungry. Baba Kevin’s barbecue is seriously good stuff, and your taste buds will thank you!
Click here to order your meal

Don’t forget to sign up for the bus! It’s $350 if pre-paid, and $450 if you pay on the spot. (Subject to availability of seating)

Also,please pre-pay for the meal if you haven’t already. Kevin is going to be preparing a limited number of meals, but I don’t want to see anybody disappointed because there isn’t enough.

The food is going to be awesome, BTW: barbecued beef brisket, pulled pork, chicken drumsticks, and sides of mac salad and cornbread. Kids under 12 (of paying parents) eat for free! (They get pulled pork sliders along with two sides, mac salad and cornbread.) Soft drinks and beer can be purchased separately at Rising Sun.

[spoiler]

Click here to order your meal[/spoiler]

First day of summer? I think you mean Mid-Summer’s Day!

Technically, June 22nd is the first day of summer, but close enough for me!