First Lady Sick

quite honestly, I am sick of seeing the first lady…

…and her husband, and their daughter, and their son in law…

According to today’s Taipei Times, first lady Wu Shu-jen recently asked President Chen for a divorce. Chen refused to grant one.

[quote=“Taipei Times”]

DPP legislator Chang Chung hsiung yesterday confirmed that first lady Wu Shu-jen recently asked Chen for a divorce in the hopes this could spare Chen from further attacks relating to the allegations against her. [/quote]

I saw it on the news this morning as well. In order to give Chen some much-needed sympathy, Wu needs to dump him really badly – perhaps loudly announcing to the press that Chen’s not as good as Dr. Chao in bed.

Wu can then run off with Dr. Chao to exile in one of Taiwan’s “diplomatic allies” to spend their days together. As part of their “role playing”, Wu will pretend to be a demanding patient and Dr. Chao a weak-willed doctor.

OMG, the soap continues.

Sympathy baiting, I must admit that this makes me sick:

What career does Chen have left?

believe me, he has left a wonderfull career as ex-president, with all the goodies it carries…
I wouldn’t mind that career

I just read in the news that CSB asked his wife, VP, Premeir, and some close advisors in public “Should CSB step down?”

So I’m just scratching my head going is this a rhetorical question? Or worst yet a trick question for admission to NTU law school?

NK just fired a missile a week ago, and could start a regional conflict in the Pacific again. However, CSB in his infinite wisdom has decided to give us a glimpse into domestic squabbles of the rich and famous on Taiwan.

Gee I wish you guys would let up on the honesty and integrity of the CS Bian family. You accused him, his wife, and family of being lying, manipulative, corrupt, sympathy spinners. I can’t stand to see them displayed as dirty pimps who are raping their own people without the use of lubricant.
Not only the CSB clan, but Taiwan politicians in general, are decent hardworking people with the people’s intrests at heart rather than their own.

To suggest that there is corruption in governement and society here is absolute folly. There is no bribery, just lots of people wanting to support their fellow man on a selective and extremely lucrative basis.

Damn, you guys, I just can’t swallow it!
CSB and his wife playing the sympathy card because they know they’re busted? Yeah Right
I’ll believe that when a criminal is elected to the legislature whilst in jail for murder, however ridiculous that may sound!
Frikkin hell, leave the poor buggers alone will ya!
Long live the transparency and integrity that is ruling this country!

What is a friend doing in her bedroom? Helping her smell good stock deals? :smiling_imp:

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/deta … 6168&GRP=B

Wu’s bedroom reeks of medicine and she can’t smell it? Just being practical here (with no insult intended), but years of paraplegic-style colostomy and catheter bags have likely made her somewhat immune to certain odors. I mean, with the massive smell of ammonia everywhere I would somehow expect her sense of smell not to be quite perfect.

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]I agree with Jason Hu: Chen should step down from office to devote himself to taking care of his ailing wife.

While I don’t for a moment believe that Chen is corrupt or knew anything about the misdeeds of his son-in-law and others close to him, I believe he is so badly tainted by their actions that, taken together with his dismal performance as head of state, it is unfitting for him to continue to serve as president.

He should take the only honourable course that’s open to him, to salvage such of his tattered reputation as he can. And he should do so promptly, before it’s too late.[/quote]

:laughing: :laughing: Interesting how so many foreigners on this particular forum have backed and defended Chen and company with the ideological fervour of a Maoist during the Cultural Revolution. I’m glad that Omni changed his mind about Chen soon after this post, but so many people on here backed him until almost the very end (despite so much evidence showing his corruption). Again, I think it because so many of them lack real life experience.

Let’s hope that Tsai can change the party and remove a lot of shady people. The person who was responsible for my removal (Chen’s Jap interpreter) is still in an executive position in government despite his lack of “real” work experience, the change in government, and his close connections to Chen. Guanxi is not limited to the blue side of the spectrum. :laughing:

There was no direct evidence before. Just hearsay. Real “real life experience” teaches ones to be very skeptical of what people say, especially in Taiwan. It also teaches one not to be very surprised when people turn out to be more stupid and corrupt than seemed possible.

People get jobs all over the world because they know people. And keep them for the same reasons. Believing otherwise suggests the lack of real life life experience you impute to others.

I think Antonio Chiang put it best in yesterday’s Apply Daily: Chen is the biggest traitor Taiwan has seen in its 400 years of history. It’s a very dark day for Taiwanese democracy especially given the display of authoritarianism we have seen in Beijing over the past few weeks and the very troubling invasion of Georgia.

I hope you are taking a lot of pleasure in “being right” and that your enemy the Japanese interpreter soon gets his richly deserved comeuppance.

[quote=“Chewycorns”]

:laughing: :laughing: Interesting how so many foreigners on this particular forum have backed and defended Chen and company with the ideological fervour of a Maoist during the Cultural Revolution. I’m glad that Omni changed his mind about Chen soon after this post, but so many people on here backed him until almost the very end (despite so much evidence showing his corruption). Again, I think it because so many of them lack real life experience.

Let’s hope that Tsai can change the party and remove a lot of shady people. The person who was responsible for my removal (Chen’s Jap interpreter) is still in an executive position in government despite his lack of “real” work experience, the change in government, and his close connections to Chen. Guanxi is not limited to the blue side of the spectrum. :laughing:[/quote]

Again, I think it because so many of them lack real life experience.

LOL. Ah, Chewy, you know, that sad part about this is that after it has all passed and everyone has grown a little from it, you’ll still be a blowhard with a chip on his shoulder and nothing in his holster.

And you and everyone else whose wild accusations about Chen were totally unsupported anything resembling serious evidence were completely wrong: nobody accused Chen of illegally retaining campaign funds and then moving them into Swiss bank accounts.

Gotta go now, and catch up on my life experience so I can learn to call people names and construe that as evidence like my hero, Chewycorns!

Michael

Well it is satisfying to know they did do at least one thing right, even despite the long harvest of sour grapes we’ve had to endure on here ever since.

HG

[quote=“Feiren”]

I hope you are taking a lot of pleasure in “being right” and that your enemy the Japanese interpreter soon gets his richly deserved comeuppance. [/quote]

Actually no. :s Because it makes Taiwan look bad internationally and that’s the last thing the country needs. I was Turtonesque in my cheerleading of Chen prior to mid-2004 and 2005. Until I saw the lack of ethics and fairplay of his Presidential Office proteges (Jap interpreter). You should always treat your front line troops and bureaucrats with honor, especially foreign aid ones. They talked about “People’s Diplomacy” and lauded the mission chiefs overseas who worked until their dying day, but what about the overwork of foreigners? I was so overworked in 2003, I ended up in hospital with liver and blood ailments. I didn’t complain at the overwork, produced results, volunteered hundreds of hours to help coworkers at lunch, and received stellar recommendations. Despite this, I was summarily dismissed in 2005 with only a cheap lunch as a “thank-you.” Perhaps they knew about my well-honed investigative skills. :laughing: :laughing: In any case, if they treated well-educated foreigners in this manner, imagine how they viewed and treated other foreigners. Well, we saw that with the Thai workers in the South, didn’t we??

Still, I got my current job because of a great recommendation letter from a DPP political appointment who had moved onto bigger and better things at that time I was dismissed. There are still great people within the party who truly care for Taiwan, democracy, human rights and the rule of law. I hope these people can build upon the damage that Chen has inflicted on the party. It will take good carpenters to build upon the dunny he has left behind.

[quote=“Vorkosigan”] Again, I think it because so many of them lack real life experience.

LOL. Ah, Chewy, you know, that sad part about this is that after it has all passed and everyone has grown a little from it, you’ll still be a blowhard with a chip on his shoulder and nothing in his holster.

And you and everyone else whose wild accusations about Chen were totally unsupported anything resembling serious evidence were completely wrong: nobody accused Chen of illegally retaining campaign funds and then moving them into Swiss bank accounts.

Gotta go now, and catch up on my life experience so I can learn to call people names and construe that as evidence like my hero, Chewycorns!

Michael[/quote]

You have the audacity to call me a blowhard? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Anyone who reads your blog knows how unwavering your support has been despite the warning flags brought forth by all the scandals… You’re what happens when a mediocrity stays in Taiwan for too long. A middle-aged blowhard acting like a child. Hardly a role model for students IMHO.

Well it is satisfying to know they did do at least one thing right, even despite the long harvest of sour grapes we’ve had to endure on here ever since.

HG[/quote]

Oh that’s rich coming from you. How many times have we had to listen to your “broken record” complaining about John Howard when he was in power…You’re showing your bonafide “hypocrite” colors yet again. :bravo: Then again, I don’t think we should expect anything more from you, should we?

yeah, but as australians we KNEW johnnie was an arsehole for the last 25 years, while Chen was a little more incrutable to us as we don’t speak Taiwanese nor follow the Chinese language media. fair’s fair, chewycorns.

And as someone who lived in Coffs Harbour, Brisbane, and Adelaide for a few years during my formative years, I’ve seen a lot of Australian politicians act like arseholes. What about Bob Hawke divorcing his ailing wife to marry his biographer? Kind of puts him in the same league as John Edwards as far as I’m concerned. Or making a fortune off his China consulting? I mean, we’ve all heard HGC’s venom against China and the Chicoms, but we haven’t heard any criticism directed at Hawke in this area. I admired Hawke’s support of Israel as PM, but what about supporting the other “little guy” (Taiwan) or at least not making millions and millions while consorting with shady characters in the PRC? Not very post prime ministerial IMHO.

Figures.

Hey they didn’t happen to employ you for your ‘stunning’ logic, did they?

By the way, I think the ball went that way.

HG

Figures.

Hey they didn’t happen to employ you for your ‘stunning’ logic, did they?

By the way, I think the ball went that way.

HG[/quote]

I just don’t understand what you have against Howard. What does that say about your logic? And why have you complained about him so much. So much, in fact, that it makes my job whinging seem trivial in comparison.

Howard strengthened Australia’s relations with the U.S., kept the country within the Commonwealth, and, most importantly, oversaw unprecedented economic growth that benefitted a number of middle-class Aussies. A fuck of a lot better than Keating, Hawke, and Whitlam. Second only to Robert Menzies. :bravo: