First Lady Sick

[quote=“China Post”]
First lady Wu Shu-jen’s health had been worsening fast, and she needed emergency care on Wednesday, Legislative Speaker Wang Jin-pyng and Premier Su Tseng-chang revealed yesterday.

Both Wang and Su said President Chen Shui-bian had told them that Wu’s blood pressure was running at very low on Wednesday, and her conditions were so dangerous that doctors were called in to give her emergency treatment.

The premier called on the nation to stop heaping pressure on the first family, as the first lady’s health is worsening fast, and her daughter Chen Hsing-yu is eight months pregnant.

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/deta … 3410&GRP=B [/quote]

Stop heaping pressure on the President and first family? What a pathetic excuse. Just because Chen’s wife has low blood pressure and his daugher is pregnant, we should just forget about all of the scandals and shortcomings? I’ll tell you this much–the Presidential Office cronies (including Chen’s former Japanese interpreter) didn’t care about my moderate hypertension and my two Taiwanese kids when they reneged on their promise and didn’t renew my contract after stellar reviews (with official chops) and work.

I hope Chen Che-nan and Chao Chien-ming become bunkmate bitches for 300-pound “taike” cellmates once they are sentenced. I sure got screwed over by the Presidential Office people and am very pleased the world is now seeing how dirty and barbaric they are. I truly hope the convicts get screwed as much in prison as they screwed Taiwan and foreigners while they were in positions of power. Maybe the president should buy some green soap-on-a-rope for his son-in-law.

I see the beginings of CSB leaving office prior to the end of his term.

I have been predicting this for he last 4 months.

That would be sad to see CSB leave early. This country’s people need to work together and stop the childish bickering between two political parties. I’m sure Hu Jin Tao gets a warm feeling everytime he sees a Taiwanese stomp on, burn or wipe their ass with a Taiwanese flag.
CSB did not marry his son n law, and he is not part of his bloodline. Hang the boy and his parents, not CSB!

:smiling_imp: Go Blue! Here’s your chance. :smiling_imp:

She didn’t shoot herself did she? That would be the First Felon-de-se. Or the Second, depending on what colour you are.

I like the idea that Chao Chein-ming only “violated” some “insider trading laws”. The crime with which he has been accused is the most serious criminal offence that can be committed in relation to the stockmarket. And it was a direct fraud on the taxpayer. If this is true, the gang basically stole millions of taxpayers’ dollars. But he did it all on his own. Yes siree. By day, senior doctor at Taiwan’s most famous hospital; by night, devious stock market fraudster. He was completely framed actually. It never happened. It’s a KMT conspiracy. It was society wot dunnit. Oh well, if justice is done he will soon be The First Inmate. Or The First Scapegoat, as all the others will get away with it.

Interesting to see there are people who think that CSB and his wife knew absolutely nothing about this huge conspiratorial fraud involving millions of US dollars and months of careful planning boldly executed by, er, a doctor. I wonder how many people in the general population believe that The First Family knew nothing of this First Fraud? Normally the stock exchange regulator would have to investigate all of this, but unfortunately he’s been indicted on charges of… guess what? I suppose the area of securities fraud and running the country is one example of where The First Family really can plausibly use the defence of knowing nothing.

BTW, is Chao in The First Family or The Second Family? Or is it The First Family Once Removed. “Removed” being the operative word. (I wonder which useless waste of space will replace CSB? Even Mr Magoo would be an improvement.)

I wonder what’s next? Is there a First Dog? I bet it will be caught shagging The First Cat or something. This is hilarious. You couldn’t make it up. OK. I propose we have the head of immigration employing illegal immigrant labour, and the Defence Minister buying weapons made in China. I mean how do you top this?

I predict a divorce upon conviction.

Her derteriorating health is perhaps true, but how serious the public won’t know. All of these tidbids of news are probably aimed at creating sympathy. His effectiveness as a president aside, CSB, and his wife as well, are shrewd politicians.

And yet I have to see anyone putting pressure on Pan Blue officials, some convicted, others with tons of evidence of corruption on them, none of them in Jail.

Meanwhile a relative of Chen Shui Bian is suspected of a crime and some of you go all out demanding that he step down.

Riiight.

Don’t pick and choose, otherwise others will cough hypocrite & double standards.

I’m not a hypocrite. I want independent prosecutors to pursue cases against all those accused of insider trading, regardless of political color. They appear to have convincing evidence aimed at Zhao. If there’s any comparable evidence that can be brought towards pan-Blue politicians, they should bring it forward.

It’s easy to blame the media for being pan-Blue biased. What are you saying now? That the prosecutors and Judicial Yuan are also pan-Blue biased, even 6 years into a pan-Green administration?

1. Pan Blue Officials are not the President. Being the corrupt Li Zhang of Alley 344 in Sanchong is not the same as being the corrupt President of the ROC.

2. The point about this share fraud is exactly that CSB is suspected of being involved. Do you really think this guy who is a mere dumbwit doctor in a country full of dumbwit doctors got involved in this without telling anyone, including his wife? Do you really think the reason Chao is involved has to do with something other than his father-in-law being the president? Do you think the brains behind this just drew names out of a hat? There is justifiable suspicion that CSB’s wife was involved in this, using Chao and his family (etc) as names. Where on earth did he get access to all that money, and how on earth did he think he was going to get away with it? The questions the prosecutor needs to ask are:

“Beforehand, did CSB give Chao any assurances of assistance if he were caught? Was there any understanding reached that the husband of the president’s daughter could never be allowed to go to jail? How could such huge amounts of money change hands without alerting Chao’s wife? Why, if alerted, did Chao’s wife not tell her father about what her husband was up to? If she did, did CSB attempt to get Chao out of trouble? How did Chao get involved with the bankers? Was Chao nominated by CSB’s wife, or did he dream this thing up on his own? Does Chao have any history of securities fraud or other major crime, theft, deception? Why now? How did the bankers know that when they approached Chao (if that’s what happened) that he would not immediately report them to the police? Or the president? Who assured them Chao would be compliant or willing, even?”

These questions will never be asked. Chao will get a fine. If I had dunnit, I would be going to jail for around 10 years. One law for the poor, many laws for the rich. Obviously some unimportant clerk will get a huge sentence - this is the sort of justice system we have in Taiwan. And it’s fine by me. I know that because I am poor, not to be doing shit like this. Fat doctor boy thought he was untouchable, and maybe he is, we’ll see, but he will more or less get away with it. He knows he’s not going to jail.

No amount of spin of trivialisation can deflect the serious nature of these accusations. It really is supremely irrelevant to say “Oh the other guys do it too”. We’re not five-years old. This is not the school playground. CSB is supposed to be the president of a country, not the milk monitor. No, numbskull, your millionnaire wife cannot use SOGO vouchers; no, your wife cannot give her portfolio of stocks over to a green friend of yours to invest in the green companies of other green friends of yours because, thicko, that smacks of insider dealing. No, you son-in-law can’t trade stocks without asking the presidential office first because of the danger of accusations of insider dealing. No, your wife cannot organise the purchase of worthless shares knowing that there is a government bail-out that will more than quadruple their value. No, not even if she uses other people’s names. No. Because you are the president. Being the president means more than standing up on a podium in a bad suit and talking childish gibberish in a Lee Deng Hui accent. It means leading the country, providing vision, taking big decisions. And your most important decision so far? To do less. When faced with a crisis I curl up in a little ball and cry for my mommy.

How easy must it be to get a law degree at Tai Da, eh? You see all these tossers walking about full of themselves because they went to Tai Da? Can’t wait until I meet another Tai Dai lawyer. On this evidence Tai Da is crap. How on earth did a retard like CSB end up with a law degree? I mean he can hardly manage a sentence. The George Bush of Asia.

[quote=“ShrimpCrackers”]And yet I have to see anyone putting pressure on Pan Blue officials, some convicted, others with tons of evidence of corruption on them, none of them in Jail.

Meanwhile a relative of Chen Shuibian is suspected of a crime and some of you go all out demanding that he step down.

Riiight.

Don’t pick and choose, otherwise others will cough hypocrite & double standards.[/quote]

Yeah, why don’t the pan green camp go after these guys? The reason is that everyone is guilty of certain amount of corruption, and sometimes some people are untouchable because of their connection, and other times because everyone’s in the same boat. Graft has been an inherent part of government ever since the beginning. What people can’t tolerate is overt corruption AND incompetence, especially when they were elected on the platform of “clean” government… and really, if you can’t even keep your own house in order, how can you keep a country in order?

CSB’s camp basically pocketed too much too quickly and everyone was waiting for an opportunity to get back at them, and the snowball started rolling with the Kaohisung MRT, the Thai laborers, and Chen Tse-Nan… He stepped on a lot of people on his way to the top and trying to keep himself at the top.

I agree with Jason Hu: Chen should step down from office to devote himself to taking care of his ailing wife.

While I don’t for a moment believe that Chen is corrupt or knew anything about the misdeeds of his son-in-law and others close to him, I believe he is so badly tainted by their actions that, taken together with his dismal performance as head of state, it is unfitting for him to continue to serve as president.

He should take the only honourable course that’s open to him, to salvage such of his tattered reputation as he can. And he should do so promptly, before it’s too late.

I think we should elect Ma to presidency and put the DPP rulling the LY, to see how it goes…

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]I agree with Jason Hu: Chen should step down from office to devote himself to taking care of his ailing wife.

While I don’t for a moment believe that Chen is corrupt or knew anything about the misdeeds of his son-in-law and others close to him, I believe he is so badly tainted by their actions that, taken together with his dismal performance as head of state, it is unfitting for him to continue to serve as president.

He should take the only honourable course that’s open to him, to salvage such of his tattered reputation as he can. And he should do so promptly, before it’s too late.[/quote]

I agree. And if he did that it really would be an important statement about CSB the man, and I would have to say that it would even absolve him in my cynical eyes.

Where are the clever men of the DPP? I used to listen to quite logical and intellectual debate from certain members of the DPP. Are they all dead? Where are the DPP policy makers? What are your health and education policies? What about driminal justice and police reforms? I want to know. We know the KMT has no policies, but the DPP don’t appear to have any either. Get a new man in there and try and make up some actual policies before you play at trying to run the country again.

So Lord Lucan, what do you suggest as next step? I think that once DPP has lost the credibility, and KMT has none whatsoever, this country can only walk a doom path. Or, people can think that sooner or later they will be united with China, so no question in being clean now and not get the loot while they can - once this all goes back, corruption won’t be smaller…

If people feel that remaining in Status Quo or having “eventual” unification policy is the end of Taiwan, which justify their reason to be more corrupt than the KMT and CCP combined, seems kind of childish and pessimistic.

What kind of nonsense is that. If you don’t agree with my politics, I’m going to steal.

More corrupt than the KMT and the CCP combined? Who???

I was thinking as the KMT or 1/2 of the CCP…

[quote=“Ma Ke”]That would be sad to see CSB leave early. This country’s people need to work together and stop the childish bickering between two political parties. I’m sure Hu Jin Tao gets a warm feeling everytime he sees a Taiwanese stomp on, burn or wipe their ass with a Taiwanese flag.
[/quote]

:laughing: :unamused:

Thank god for freedom of speech, otherwise nobody would ever hear the crap flowing from yer peihole.

:unamused:

It’s easy to demonize Wu Shu-chen – she’s a person with some serious problems that are catching up to her mighty fast. Between the insider-trading inquiries and the concerns about the Sogo coupons, her apparent unwillingness to report her stock trades, she doesn’t give her supporters a lot of help. There are factors that are severely cutting into her credibility, and she’s quickly becoming a target of both the pan-blues and pan-greens as being the most expedient way of either attacking President Chen or defending him.

Her situation as a paraplegic is tragic, but how did she and President Chen go on for so long pretending that it was a KMT assassination attempt? She was actively promoted as a martyr of the DPP and as a very visible reminder of the white-terror dangers that lurked around corners for voters. Of course, as reprehensible as this would be in western democracies, there are at least a couple of factors at work: a) pretty much every single major political figure in the country has pulled some similarly nutty crap; and b) although Wu Shu-chen is not a KMT victim, that doesn’t mean that there weren’t plenty of genuine white-terror victims. The second most visible, of course, being VP Lu, whose prison term was a real outcome of her political views.

Just saying that she might be a liar (most politicians are great liars) and a money-grubber (try to find politicians who aren’t), but she’s no monster. She’s a natural outcome of Taiwan politics – the situation is a big disappointment to all who had hoped that the DPP would run a squeaky-clean administration, but it’s not all her fault.