First time reactions to YouTube songs

This is a must see. Jimi with his tongue action, teeth playing, etc. And talking about shooting old lady because she’s messing around town. Gangsta style that the listeners can appreciate it. So funny.

3 Likes

The Hawthorn Effect. People act differently when they know they are being watched.

These types of videos are fascinating to us because we are watching people having one feeling while pretending to have another. They know they are being watched so they play up. Many tiktok/Insta clips follow the same pattern. You are watching someone pretending to be having emotions.

It’s all very meta!

Rap died around twenty years ago. But there’s been a very long wake.

Good music, great singer.
The vocal coach pronounced "The Reading rock festival incorrectly though. It is pronounced “Reding”.
I went to that festival about 30 years ago when Reading was not gentrified like today.

There are a ton of fun reaction videos to this little gem!

And not without good reason.

It’s an honest to God masterpiece.

It’s the same feeling I got walking down Khaosan road late at nite running into the wrong crowd. :smiley::grin:
Is that her voice …I don’t understand what’s going on !

The girlfriend versus wife voice.

i LOVE this song.

however when it’s the radio edit like in this video it’s even sillier, and not in a good way.

I truly do not get the lure of these vids, nor the enjoyment people have watching them. Why am I supposed to give a damn about some random human listening and reacting to some song they’ve never heard, even if it is a song I really like? What is the point?

2 Likes

Have you ever turned someone on to a group, a genre of music, or a really good song? It’s kind of like that to me. And then you have that person listening to a tune that he or she would never be exposed to otherwise, like this classical opera singer listening to Judas Priest’s Victim of Changes?

I think there’s a wee bit of jiggery pockery going on on the production side of things. But no more so than with your average male metal vocalist. (She can pull it off live.) I just love the whole aesthetic of the video. How it’s just four people in a room creating this sound. No flashy CGI needed! I guess the novelty (56 million views!) is that her voice is so incongruous with her appearance. She’s a cutie! She’d probably tear me to shreds, but I’d die a happy man!

Yeah, a lot of them are pretty lame, to be fair. And, let’s face it, it’s the laziest form of content creation. The most interesting ones are where people are exposed to things that they wouldn’t normally encounter. Like a Christian pastor watching a black metal band, a middle-aged black lady from Texas watching “Frankie Boyle audience annihilation” (weirdly common) or a twelve year old reacting to a VHS recorder.

At its best it lets you step out of your own perspective for a moment.

2 Likes

So Stevie Ray Vaughn does a behind the back move and she freaks out. And she knows music, made obvious by her comment that SRV just does music without thinking. That’s exactly what SRV does. He can’t read music, for example.

This one put a huge smile on my face.