First time to “date” a Taiwanese man

According to my Taiwanese friend there are certain type of guys who are serious about planning and prioritizing aspects of their life that being in a relationship is the last thing comes to mind, but it doesn’t mean he don’t want it. Women just need to give it sometime.
She said my guy is a good one, I need to be patient with him, with his new work and set of goals it will take him 3-6 mos or even a year before he returns on communicating or whatever it is. I should not worry because she also thinks that he likes me, so most probably he’ll return BUT do not let my world revolve around him.

Well, all I can say is don’t put too much pressure on yourself and on him on your first date. Listen to the guys here telling you to just (1) enjoy the date and (2) clarify if it’s a date not a friendly hangout. In the end, only your guy will really give you the clarity you need, not us.

If I were you, I would avoid futurizing at this point–meaning looking at this friendship as something that potentially leads to marriage. After all, he let you wait for him for 3 months. :wink:

For now, just enjoy the date. I would actually avoid giving the tea set at this point, unless it’s his birthday. I think that’s kind of a gift that’s reserved for a boyfriend, if there’s some cultural meaning to it. Don’t give too much too soon. :slight_smile: Enjoy!

2 Likes

:rofl:
I see what you did there.

1 Like

Thank you so much.
And I will enjoy the date. ^^

1 Like

and … was it a real date?
what happened next?

1 Like

I’d also he interested in hearing about the update

1 Like