Flu jabs

Following an uncomfortable year of colds and flu last year, I decided to check up about when immunization starts. At my local health centre the jabs won’t start until November 20th. This seems a little late in the winter doesn’t it?

Anyway. Thought I’d share this with you. I’m definitly going to get immunized this year, suggest you do too!

[size=134]

I had mine 4 weeks ago already. You are suppoosed to have them before the end of October. I’ve had them 3 times before, and each time I haven’t had a single bout of flu or even a cold in the following winter (even while teaching kids). I swear by them.

Definitely look around at other hospitals. You absolutely definitely can get it already. The cost is N$500 if you are under 55; otherwise it’s free. The crazy thing is they make you see the doctor first just to get approval to get the injection. If you are number 27 at a hospital and they are only seeing patient number 6, do the local thing: knock on the door and the nurse will let you in. Make it clear you just want a flu shot (tell her the Chinese or show what you have had a Chinese-speaker write down for you in advance), and she’ll type up your slip while the doctor is seeing someone else. They’ll check your temperature and then send you wherever to pay your NT$500 and get the shot. Simple. Takes 2 minutes, and doesn’t require the doctor’s attention anyway, so you won’t be holding up the queue. In our case (went with my gf), the nurse handled everything.

1 Like

Ahh, now that’s more like it! I thought the end of November was late. I’m going the hospital next week for my eye medicine. (ma jie in Shuanglian) I’ll check what they have to say about it.

Thanks DSN.

L :notworthy:

Ma jie has run out. Just thought I’d let you know.

L.

[quote=“Limey”]Ma jie has run out. Just thought I’d let you know.

L.[/quote]
Or not giving it to foreigners.

Our boss organized shots for us. The nurse came to our school and did everybody who signed up. I swear to you, that women had the magic touch. She is apparently famous in the area for making the whole thing so absolutely painless. Even the few kids who signed up came out smiling and joking. Only NT$400. Probably a special deal.
I felt like crap afterwards though…sleepy and achy all over.

Yes, they say that you can feel a bit grog for a couple of days afterward.

I’m on the hunt tomorrow.

L.

got mine at zhen hsin in shipai (near rongzong hospital) the other day. have felt a bit weird last day or two.

Tempo Gain, could you post the address/directions of the one in Shipai? I’m still having no luck getting shots :noway:

Cheers,

L.

Phew! I’m finally back to normal after two days of extreme grogginess and muscle ache. I was actually worried that it would ruin my Halloween weekend. Indian and The Wall, here I come!

What’s on at the wall? Does it invovle loud guitars?

Stil haven’t had my jabs…oh damn the topic :astonished:

Taiwan Adventist also has run out of flu vaccine for the under-65 crowd.

I know Zhen-hsin in Shi-pai was mentioned as having shots left. Does that still hold? Does anyone know of any other hospitals that still have flu shots available (preferably closer to downtown)?

Thanks!

Anchor

Called the place in shipai yeaterday. They’re out. Looks like we’ll have to wait for the second batch to arrive.

L.

Wow! I’ve just realised how fortunate I am. Our company organised this for us.

I paid 200NT$ and I got injected at work yesterday. Feel fine today, BTW. Didn’t hurt either.

Didn’t realise till I read this thread just how hard it is to get these things.

You lucky b’stad. Must be the luck of the Irish… :wink:

I’ll post more results and places that have it as soon as I find out. Hope people will find it useful.

thelimeflubuster :stuck_out_tongue:

…Just in case anyone is interested. I went back to the doctor today. They still haven’t received their new supply of medicine. I ws told to go back next month.

I’ll keep you’ll up to date.

L.

[quote=“Limey”]…Just in case anyone is interested. I went back to the doctor today. They still haven’t received their new supply of medicine. I ws told to go back next month.

I’ll keep you’ll up to date.

L.[/quote]
Where was that?

I want to check at Mackay Hospital tomorrow.

Just my local GP in Taipei City. Could you let me know if Mackay have some? Cheers.

Sadly, no. Unless you’re over 65 years of age. Seems the standing policy for the remainder of the season there.

Free flu jabs now available for some:

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003381336