Flyweight kick boxer Tenshin Nasukawa vs Mayweather

Should have had a wild card round where they went with kick boxing rules at least. I don’t get why he went for a kick boxing champion smaller than him and asked him to box.

$9 million for zero risk. I don’t think the man gives a toss about his legacy. Champions such as Ali took on ludicrous fights for the money (like the Japanese wrestler), but that was acceptable because Ali stepped up to the plate and fought the best every time - even at a disadvantage.

Mayweather has never done that.

1 Like

Is Floyd really going to count this win on his record. It’s so stupid. I can’t believe anyone paid for this fight, a smaller flyweight kick boxer forced to box is going to get out classed by a champion boxer as we just saw. Floyd couldn’t pick a fighter his own size either? I guess if wife beating isn’t above you, neither is child beating.

The guy is 20 years old and 5’4. Five foot four!!! And 120lbs. Wtf is this? Who made this fight??? You can see from the fight he has never learned to slip or weave. He basically never learn to defend against a boxer, it’s terrible.

But props to Conor Mcgregor. What he did lasting so long is not easy.

1 Like

This was an “exhibition” that was organized by a handful of wealthy Japanese, according to my understanding. It was recorded but not aired, and took place in Tokyo.

Both fighters were undefeated coming into the widely criticised contest, in which Mayweather had a 4kg (9lb) weight advantage.

Uh huh. :roll_eyes:

The fight did not affect any of their records.

The fight was also thrown.

Technically it wasn’t a fight, it was an exhibition. Do you have evidence that the exhibition was thrown?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsDurayCsh0/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=lymv6lmlt2q5

What’s the point of having Tenshin restricted to boxing rules and fight outside of his weight class? Why not let Mayweather get kicked in the shin a couple of times before making his 9 million?

I agree, especially since Tenshin was outweighed by 15kg or so (I don’t believe the BBC’s report that their weight difference was only 4kg). Alternatively, they could have boxed for three rounds and then fought MMA-style for another three rounds.

But I suspect the real point of the rules was that Mayweather refused to fight unless he got his way - and US$9 million.

I’d like to see Mayweather’s grin when Tenshin got him in an arm bar.

Me too, but I’d settle for something like this.

1 Like

It is so obvious that the fight was super fake.
Don’t take it seriously when it comes to weight, height, rules etc

Was to promote Rizin and Tenshin. Floyd is the most risk adverse guy in the game. He would never accept anything but straight boxing