Flyweight kick boxer Tenshin Nasukawa vs Mayweather

Anybody see this last night?

Tenshin is a very impressive if tiny kick boxer (like buck twenty-five), Mayweather of course is a middleweight prizefighter. I’m a little surprised that Mayweather seems to retain his hand speed at 41 years of age. Kudos to Tenshin for booking this exhibition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hto_Q2vxh8Y&t=1s

what’s the weight difference ?__?

Easy 9 million. Mayweather never looked remotely concerned. The only kickboxer I can think of who was heavy handed was Nigel Benn.

What a farce! Money Mayweather smiling his face off. Nigel Benn…what a fighter!

Dililian Whyte has got very heavy hands

1 Like

Good point. Although it wouldn’t be much fun being a light punching heavyweight.

1 Like

At least 30lbs.

Nasukawa is impressive as hell when he fights men of similar size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gRelZE28Y4

1 Like

so let’s say a 10/15kg weight difference, and the kickboxer wasn’t allowed to kick…

is anyone honestly surprised it was a farce? >__>

1 Like

Floyd isn’t just a middleweight though, he is also one if the greatest boxers of all time

Garbage, Floyd’s undefeated record is his taint. That’s all he cared about, never fought the best and hand picked everything knowing he would win. I miss guys like Oscar de la Hoya who always wanted to fight the best to prove he was the best. A real dog and put up interesting fights.

True. He’s also the son of a great prizefighter and he’s been in the fight game his entire life - all 41 years of it. In fact, Mayweather fought his first pro fight before Tenshin was born.

One reason Mayweather is hard to even hit is because he can instantly calculate exactly what you can and cannot throw just by observing your attitude and where your feet are, and he adjusts constantly as a result.

Anyway, I hope Mayweather keeps his promise to fight some MMA. Not holding my breath, but I can dream.

His gambling losses will get him back into the ring. My guess it will be boxing as it’s still more lucrative and he’s much more likely to win.

1 Like

One leg kick in the leg by a legit kick boxer, Floyd is going to limp weeks into the new year. I sparred a pro muay thai fighter and even at 6-70%, getting kicked by the legs by them, I was limping for a week. It’s one of the most shocking things i’ve ever felt. The pain is unreal, sometimes you might not notice until between rounds and you have a seat in your corner. I get up to go another round and I trip once I have to put weight on my leg again. :confounded:

3 Likes

But would Mayweather win if it was a kickboxing tourney?

No. He would have to change his stance and he would probably not be very good at kicking.

It must have been hard for the other guy trying to box, it would be completely different.

2 Likes

Exactly.

I’m not so sure. I remember Tyson knocked a guy out with a flying kick. Can’t remember the guy’s name - I’ll do a search. These athletes can do a lot of stuff.

EDIT: it looks like I’m wrong. Mitch Green was the guy I was thinking of, but I can’t find any link.

I love watching rigged fights in Japan, it makes for easy betting wins.

I have no doubt Floyd could become good eventually, even trying to break a lifetime of habits. But when going up against another world class athlete in their perspective sport, not going to happen. It’s not even about Floyd learning to kick. His stance and footwork would have to change. His instincts are going to be completely wrong and he would have to relearn.

2 Likes

A tough ask at 41.