Food inflation, local trend or worldwide?

I feel like that’s not super expensive though I don’t remember how much it was last year. I went to the fruit stand I frequent occasionally and there it was 79/patty so I guess more or less the same.

Another example disproving the saying “ignorance is bliss”.

Anyone that plans accurately ahead of food collapse knows better than to walk around fat. Unless they also planned ahead and control the weapons.

1 Like

Well, you know, these tech billionaires building their luxury underground bunkers. At some point they’re going to have to come back up, and the few survivors above ground will have developed the taste for fatty human flesh.

Poor people doing that = paranoid

Rich people doing that = informed

Logical people = those paying attention to their surroundings and not caring about social media opinions.

1 Like

How long before they notice you think? A week, a month? If those “other people” don’t have ready access to food, sooner or later they won’t even have the energy to fight you.

Yeah, we have the opposite of too much rain here. Of course with gas over $6 even at Costco, the trip to the market costs as much as the groceries.

“At some point”. When is that? If it’s a year, then yeah maybe. After 10 years though, the remaining people above ground would have either figured out how NOT to survive on human flesh (just because there will be very few humans remaining, and it therefore makes sense to live as a society again and hunt animals) or perhaps they have killed each other off. Now mind you, these people might still kill the tech billionaires, but not because they love human flesh, but perhaps because some of them still retains some memory from the big event “oh these are the scums that fled during the collapse”.

Don’t worry about it. Your original statement seemed perfectly solid on its own, no need to backtrack. :grin:

1 Like

Always nice to see more and more other buisnesses pointing out the fake inflation and massive gouging going on.

Cooking oil is up, probably almost doubled, but then our waste oil buyer pays more (double) too, leaves us with a loss still.

What does your waste oil guy do with the spent oil?

Not my problem. Probably resell either as bio-diesel or to restaurants. Or mix in animal feed.

1 Like

Can you eat dragon fruit in a DragonForce concert?

“The core price index, which does not include the often-volatile categories of fruit, vegetables, and energy, rose 2.77% from a year earlier in June, DGBAS data showed. It pointed out that prices for 17 essential goods, including food, toilet paper, and detergent, have been steadily rising as well, with the average prices of those products rising 5.39% since June of last year.”

See, if you don’t eat or use gas, inflation is reasonable. Otherwise, see the higher number.

1 Like

Lots of these inflation indexes also don’t include housing costs! So if you sleep in a forest in a tent ypu are also good to go.

3 Likes

Sure seems like it’s cheaper to be dead than alive!!!

Don’t use paper on the shitter, use your hands and water to rinse. Guess I need to check out the 45 NT$ recycled paper rolls in Carrefour, see if they got more expensive.

If you don’t eat, food prices don’t matter.

1 Like

As I said, the deep fry oil we use just doubled in price, 100% inflation.

1 Like

Nah, I’ll make sure to do my business inside a shopping mall or perhaps at the local government office. See, two can play at this game of inflation.

Edit: heck better still, I’ll make sure to steal toilet rolls from those places.