Food Scandals, Safety, Recalls

1 Like

Sadly, not at all unexpected. Predictable.

“A number of popular hand-shaken drink brands”

Hand shaken? Why do they have the ‘shaking’ machine?

1 Like

I used to buy like a plastic bulk crate of eggs and many times there were rotten, broken eggs in, The problem is when you start cracking and separate yolk and white, one rotten just spoils the bowl and you need to discard and start over.

Wow food scandals are improving, it used to be methyl yellow in your tofu. Now the caffeine level is wrong, tsk tsk.

1 Like

How does one determine caffeine content? It depends on beans, roast, how the coffee was made …

Copy whatever your competitor says.

1 Like

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4077583

This thread just keeps giving. :face_vomiting:

Guy

3 Likes
1 Like

More trouble, this time in Taichung harbour:

Guy

3 Likes

as usual

I was interested a while back in what salts were used to set tofu in Taiwan. Rather comically, I found my answer in the photos attached to this piece in yesterday’s news.

Calcium sulfate, calcium chloride.

Meanwhile in Pingtung:

Guy

2 Likes

Raisins turned away because of sulfur dioxide. :confused:

That’s a lot of blueberries !
They are very strict on importation but anyone can rock up to any market in Taiwan or on the pavement outside it and sell any kind of food with no labels and no food sanitation standards . :joy::joy::joy:
That is a -#*king joke my friends.

4 Likes

I thought the sulfur dioxide ban was particularly entertaining. I mean here is a preservative that has been used since, I don’t know, Roman times, and we are getting our backs up about it. After sleeping on having used industrial chemicals to dye tofu yellow, plasticisers to make drinks cloudy, and Vietnamese animal feed oil to make our bread soft, we’ve turned over a new leaf. Public enemy number one now is sulfur dioxide!

2 Likes

It’s all about face

Bad food, still this day here

1 Like