Football (Soccer) in Hsinchu

Greetings. The Celts FC have recently started regular training in Hsinchu for the upcoming season. Our league season starts in early December and we also partake in the Foreigner Cup competitions around the island - four per year. Our present membership is primarily North American and Irish, and we welcome all nationalities, shapes and sizes. Although we also have members in Taipei, we are largely based in Hsinchu, and are the only ex-pat football team in the city. We practice at Chiao Tung University on Baoshan Road in the Science Park at 8.30pm every Thursday. We also have a session every Saturday at Chiao Tung University on Shipin Road at 3.00pm. We welcome new players to join us. For more details call Lar 09 11892917 or Hoff 09 53307327.
Celts FC

Can add that the Celts are an excellent and fun bunch of people and despite the gallons of beer they drink, where ever they are, they play some very good football, hope your team get’s bigger and sure there must be people in that part of Taiwan that want to play the most beautiful game.

Cheers Taverncaptain,
You’re deadly too.

Hi, looking for a game in Hsinchu. Are the Celts FC still recruiting???

Yes, the Celts FC are still recruiting for the new season. We practice every Thursday night and Saturday afternoon in Hsinchu with a game every other Sunday. Send us a PM for more details.
Celts FC

I’ve a colleague who’s new to Taiwan who’d love to play but he’s in Taipei and knows very little about getting outside of Taipei. Are there any other teams and/or leagues based in Taipei one could recommend? The other thing too is that he’s Romanian with beginner/intermediate English but he’s passionate about football.

As an aside, he told me that there’s only 7 Romanians in all of Taiwan. He knows 5 of them (one is his gf) and wants to know the other two. So, keep an eye out for 2 missing Romanians in Taiwan! :wink:

There are SIX others?? Wow. Who would’ve thought! :slight_smile:

Although we are a Hsinchu-based team, we also have members in Taipei. We usually practice in Hsinchu but all of our competitive games are in Taipei. We have players from all over the world including Ireland, Canada, US, UK, SA, Japan, Australia, Brazil, Holland and Switzerland so language is not a problem! Send me a PM or give me a call on the number in the original post for more info.
Celts FC

[quote=“Yellow Cartman”]I’ve a colleague who’s new to Taiwan who’d love to play but he’s in Taipei and knows very little about getting outside of Taipei. Are there any other teams and/or leagues based in Taipei one could recommend? The other thing too is that he’s Romanian with beginner/intermediate English but he’s passionate about football.

As an aside, he told me that there’s only 7 Romanians in all of Taiwan. He knows 5 of them (one is his gf) and wants to know the other two. So, keep an eye out for 2 missing Romanians in Taiwan! :wink:[/quote]

I run two reams in Taipei, one social the other more serious, we may have the missing two Romanians! feel free to get in touch via email below or pm.

Duncan
B52 FC, Carnegies Taipei FC