FOR SALE - Sensible price for bike I am selling

Hi,
first time poster so please be gentle with me.

I am leaving Taiwan soon and want to sell my hard-tail MTB. I bought it many years ago (2007 I think) and it was originally a carbon composite Giant, until I crashed and cracked the frame :slightly_frowning_face: .

It was rebuilt with 20" Giant XTC frame, with a few of the other parts replaced with carbon fibre. It has WTB 6061 alloy rims, shimano deore derailleur and brakes, FSA stem and carbon fibre handlebar, Rox Shocks J2. It’s in good working order but probably needs a bit of a tune up and tyres replacing (pic below, can supply more if interested).

I am not sure how much I should be asking for it so have posted here for advice. Let us know what kind of figure I should be asking as I’d like to sell it but not ask too much or get taken for a ride.

Thanks in advance

Box it up and take it with you. You’ll not get a price you’ll be comfortable with and wherever you are going, bikes will be expensive.

1 Like

8-10k

1 Like

Thank you for the responses.

@flatlandr, agreed, but moving a family now so the less to ship the better. We’re planning on picking up something second hand when we’re settled.

@the_bear, this was the figure I had in my head so will post it in the middle of 8 to 10 and see if I get any takers.

Cheers!

1 Like

Bikes are like 3x the price in the US than in Taiwan. I paid like 300 for a basic, steel framed, used bike in Austin. I could get the same bike in Taiwan, brand new for like 3000nt. Bike parts are also much more expensive in the US as well.

What size frame is it, and where are you located, roughly speaking…?

@Taiwan_Luthiers, yes bikes are definately more in the UK too, but need it needs to go unfortuantely.

@Leggat, 20 inch frame, Hsinchu county.