For stray dog the dog whisper

Okay this is for anyone but I know stray dog is like the dog whisper. :smiley: Here’s my problem.

1. My dog recently has started wetting his bed in the mornings. He usually gets up around 6 I think. I’ve been getting up at my regular time still, but he’s still wets his bed. He used to flap his ears on the bed to wake me up. Now he doesn’t.

2)He licks his paws over and over and over. The slurping noise drives me crazy. I thought it was his way of telling me “I need to go out to pee” but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

3)He seems also to have lost some of his ‘mojo’. Could it be the heat? Diet? He still has energy and gets what my cousin calls ‘the puppies’ where he runs around like a manic, but just doesn’t seem to do some of the old cute stuff anymore.

:help: I want to bring the best out in him…

Thanks

I’m not straydog, but I’m marginally more handsome, so…

Could you take him to the toilet before bed and not let him have water through the night?

The licking of paws is often caused by allergies. Perhaps the it’s dust or he’s having a reaction to flowers he walked through or an insect bite or something in the food he ate… Could simply be the humidity. Another possibility is he’s stressed; longer walks could help there.

I’d say the lack of ‘mojo’ is because of the heat. My dogs always laze around in summer.

That being said, if you haven’t had your pup checked up for a while, maybe you could get him looked at for the heck of it.

[quote=“gaboman”]I’m not straydog, but I’m marginally more handsome, so…

Could you take him to the toilet before bed and not let him have water through the night?

The licking of paws is often caused by allergies. Perhaps the it’s dust or he’s having a reaction to flowers he walked through or an insect bite or something in the food he ate… Could simply be the humidity. Another possibility is he’s stressed; longer walks could help there.

I’d say the lack of ‘mojo’ is because of the heat. My dogs always laze around in summer.

That being said, if you haven’t had your pup checked up for a while, maybe you could get him looked at for the heck of it.[/quote]

He had his shots this month. And we do take walks before going to bed. I will try to walk him longer. Thanks for the help. :slight_smile:

Does the dog’s pee smell normal? If not, and even if yes, I’d have him checked out for a bladder infection. If he’s been peeing in his bed, this alone could be stress for him, which could explain the excessive licking of his paws. Good luck.

I felt compelled to provide an answer given the honourific thread title, Namahottie, but I can’t do any better than the advice you’ve been given already. :wink:

The paw-licking could be due to ticks. One place the horrible things like to latch on is between the pads and claws of a dog’s paw. Have you checked Chocky’s paws recently?

Okay, one no I haven’t checked his paws. Will do today.

Two, I will have them check for bladder infection.

Three. kisses to all you guys who are helping me. It’s not easy being a first time mom. Thank god this is a dog. :smiley:

Maybe your dog’s gone nuts :loco: from living with a crabby humdinging owner ?

Could be, as he does some strange stuff around that time of the month… :loco:

Thanks Juba. It was two ticks in his front paws. kisses