Forbes controversial article:don't marry a career woman

here’s the link:
forbes.com/home/2006/08/23/M … _land.html

the guy’s article is a lot better than the rebuttal article on the right. he gives lots of statics.

Statics indeed. His uses reports which may have faulty causal relationships for why more career couples get divorced. The first thing I thought, though, was in a couple where both are making decent money, the wife is more likely to be able to survive a divorce whereas a jobless housewife would either have to learn a trade or hope to get a lot of alimony. You might have missed the note where he said that this was only significantly true for couples in an already-rocky marriage and that for those in a solid marriage, these stats don’t ring as universally true. He throws out a lot of “statics”, but there is no obvious direct link between being married to a career woman made divorce more likely. Just that it happened more often in couples where they both have careers. There is a world of a difference.

Thanks for posting this article theposter. After reading it, I’m 100% certain that I absolutely will not marry a career woman.

You eastern European women are so damn traditional it makes me sick.

One should be wary of statics from certain kinds o’ peeple. :unamused: A woman with a career has a salary, so she can afford to dump her no good, shit-fer-brayns too-timin’ husband. BEWARE of career women [color=red]my ass!!![/color]. The only folk who need to beware are the shit-fer-brayns who could only keep a woman who doesn’t have a job and the economic wherewithal to DUMP HIS SORRY ASS. Heck, even the article pointed out the problem of trying to imply causation statics from correlation statics, but one couldn’t expect certain kinds o’ peeple to understand that them thar kind o’ statics. :wanker:

I though ‘my ass!!!’ was a link.

I’d love to not be a career woman. Careers are a boring waste of time for poor people. I’d love to be an idle middle class housewife.

I am highly convinced that the largest problem men face in the wake of feminism is inability to catch up.
See, most men I know don’t have issues with feminism. Most men I know don’t have issues with having a woman equal or higher in pay, education, or intelligence. Most men I know don’t have any issues with things being split half and half (man does half the housework, ect) .
I think those men who DO either have to a) find themselves a nice uneducated bimbo and hide her from anything media or anything she might read that will give her the backwards notion that she is entitled to have opinions and what not, b) marry a woman who knows how to read and then become bitter and angry that she resents having married a man who has absolutely no respect for women, c) grow up, or d) learn to use both hands.

Marriage is for those who need have their farts acknowledged.

[quote=“theposter”]here’s the link:
forbes.com/home/2006/08/23/M … _land.html

the guy’s article is a lot better than the rebuttal article on the right. he gives lots of stats.[/quote]
I find the numbers somewhat boring.

The guy seems to want to show the numbers, make a correlation, and then say the correlation may not be so strong.

The woman’s rebuttal is kind of peachy, but for the most part she’s dead on. People in marriages who don’t change and learn new things over time, will be less satisfied with one another and seek ways to “improve” themselves without considering the effect it will have on their spouse.

It is good to learn/do something new that one alone can benefit from, and it is good to learn/do something new with your spouse that benefits the both of you.

And threesomes rarely work out, so don’t go there.

Can’t trust damn static. It’ll stick to you no matter what.

Your ass is a link? To what?

[quote]Marriage is for those who need have their farts acknowledged.[/quote] You don’t know how liberating that is…

i’ve seen it not only in my own life but in the lives of others.
the davinci code put the nail in the coffin on female worship. we already worship women and allow anything because (in the words of taiwanese men) “you want her to give you some tonight, don’t you? so play along”. sobad behaviour from females is tolerated for the sake of keeping one’s “manhood” intact (take it and i keep her and don’t lose face with the boys, whereas confronting their “Eden-onic” tendencies would lead to divorce).
weak femenism (not true femenism which does NOT play by a double standard) is the new “apple” that women have swallowed and defiled men with by asking them to eat of it too. it is goddess worship, repackaged for the 20th and 21st centuries.

the fact that women tend to love bad boys says a lot.
from the time that Eve ate of that fruit, our genes were altered. this was the only way Satan could intro his seed into the human race.so that is why good girls like bad boys. it’s also why pretty women(and men) are usually stuck up (pride/self worship/satanic complex).
from that time on, an emnity has existed between men and women. where they were once equal partners, man learned to subdue woman. yet this is not the WAY.
we need to go back to the way we were before the fall, equal without emnity.partners on this planet for which are caretakers.

[quote=“SuchAFob”]I am highly convinced that the largest problem men face in the wake of feminism is inability to catch up.
See, most men I know don’t have issues with feminism. Most men I know don’t have issues with having a woman equal or higher in pay, education, or intelligence. Most men I know don’t have any issues with things being split half and half (man does half the housework, ect) .
I think those men who DO either have to a) find themselves a nice uneducated bimbo and hide her from anything media or anything she might read that will give her the backwards notion that she is entitled to have opinions and what not, b) marry a woman who knows how to read and then become bitter and angry that she resents having married a man who has absolutely no respect for women, c) grow up, or d) learn to use both hands.[/quote]

Inability to catch up? Not quite sure what you mean there, but in regards to those men with an inferiority complex, surely women are well equipped enough to sort the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

As a reasonably well educated and intelligent guy, historically I’ve been attracted to women who are more intelligent and highly educated than I am. However, in today’s age of ‘equal opportunity’, the only thing that gets my goat is when in a class of 25 engineering students hopeful of attracting a job at one of the top industrial firms whilst being given a tour, the guy in charge turns around to us and says “Due to our ‘equal opportunity’ program, we have places for 2 women in the firm.” So the only 2 women in the class of 25 engineering students are guaranteed a job, even though they aren’t necessarily the best person for the job.

Women don’t do engineering, not because of lack of opportunity, but because most of them don’t like it.

I just don’t have a problem with that. :idunno:

[quote=“theposter”]… is the new “apple” that women have swallowed and defiled men with by asking them to eat of it too. it is goddess worship, repackaged for the 20th and 21st centuries.

the fact that women tend to love bad boys says a lot.
from the time that Eve ate of that fruit, our genes were altered. this was the only way Satan could intro his seed into the human race.so that is why good girls like bad boys. it’s also why pretty women(and men) are usually stuck up (pride/self worship/satanic complex).
…[/quote]

Did you used to live in the bible belt?

I tend to find any argument based on the assumption that those around agree with your religion (mythology) to be pretty inane.

don’t worry. i just say this stuff for the heck of it. femenism is already extreme. why can’t i be?

Good to know. Being antagonistic and being ignorant are NOT the same animal.

but can we find a BETTER explaination of why good girls like bad boys?

when i was in church growing up, i always thought maybe one of the girls in my church would like me. if not maybe another church when i went on a choir trip. everybody used to say how they met on a choir trip or something like that.
with me it was always:

like girl
watch girl go off with whatever dreg that was sitting on the back row

(a friend of mine used to go to church because he said it was easy pickings if you’re a bad boy- that friend FUCKED the girl i liked, the one who was suppossed to be so Christian. he fucked her).

so i became a bad boy. he was right. just wish i could be myself AND get the girl. that’s why i feel the anger that i do towards women. when i was a good boy, they didn’t want me. when i became a bad boy, i scored. they even bought me stuff. they HOPED AND PRAYED that i loved them. the tables were turned.had i actually given them what they say they wanted, they would have ran the other way.

But that’s not what i wanted.

I can’t explain why chicks like bad boys…but I agree. Ever since I started deliberately mismatching my socks etc, I’ve been getting way too much attention.

If I wanted to be really bad, sometimes I’d even untuck my shirt. I tell you… it wasn’t easy, but the results were worth it!