Have you been unfaithful?

• No.
  • Yes, and I’m a married man
  • Yes, and I’m a married woman
  • Yes, I’m male, behind my girlfriends back
  • Yes, I’m female, behind my boyfriends back

0 voters

I can see this being a poll of which no one will particiipate. Here goes:

I was teaching one of my adult classes last week and the subject rather inadvertantly turned to girlfriends and boyfriends and then onto relationships.

During the discussion I learned (for the umpteenth time) that foreigners always have affairs; the boys being particularly naughty by having several Chinese girlfriends at a time. The general consensus was that most foreign men were partial to more than one woman and well humoured accusations started flying in my direction.

Now, speaking to several other ex-patriots of the male variety here over the years, it transpires that many of them have had their fair share of hanky panky with a woman who was contrary to their official relationship.

I was hoping then that the unfaithful on this board would come out of hiding and participate in this interesting poll.

No need for names and identities - numbers will do

:smiley:

Not to inject a crimp in the poll Dangermouse, but does “affair” include on-line or only the physical as it sounds from your post?

I would also ask your class if you think that Taiwanese men are more faithful than foreign men based on their anecdotal evidence and perceptions. :smiley:

I love it when the Taiwanese are always willing to point out western’s ‘faults’ as if that will actually give them face. It always has seem to me that Asian men on average cheat more than western men…and in Taiwan it seems to be fair game for both sexes to have their ‘fun’ when they feel like it…

Physical only. But on these lines, do you think it’s OK to have an online relationship?

I did. They all clamed up.

[quote]It always has seem to me that Asian men on average cheat more than western men…and in Taiwan it seems to be fair game for both sexes to have their ‘fun’ when they feel like it…
[/quote]

I would agree.
However why is it that western men (in general) have a reputation of being here for 1) sex and 2). money. Is it a stereotypical assuption or is there something in this?

(FYI know a few foreigners here who have had an affair on several occasions, one or two can be considered regular posters here).

Having an online relationship can help keep you from having a physical relationship in real life. Just as taking out your anger and violence verbally online can keep a person from taking out their frustations physically, in real life. You need a healthy outlet for your unhealthy emotions. I see nothing wrong with cybersex. In fact, it probably saves many marriages by releasing lusts in a non-physical direction.

Physical only. But on these lines, do you think it’s OK to have an online relationship?[/quote]

No. I think we might get an “Internet Widows” movement going one of these days.

I did. They all clamed up. [/quote]

Haha… why is that not a shocker :smiling_imp:

[quote=“Dangermouse”][quote=“Namahottie”]It always has seem to me that Asian men on average cheat more than western men…and in Taiwan it seems to be fair game for both sexes to have their ‘fun’ when they feel like it…
[/quote]

I would agree.
However why is it that western men (in general) have a reputation of being here for 1) sex and 2). money. Is it a stereotypical assuption or is there something in this?[/quote]

Everyone knows about the Asian sex tours. So mayhaps they think that Asia doesn’t offer much except for sex. Isn’t Western living better than Asian living so why would anyone want to live here? (Talking about perceptions, not necessarily reality) :ponder:

First of all, not surprisingly, most people voted “No”. Go figure.

Well, it’s not always about “face”, you know, namahottie. And in this case, they were having a discussion in a class. They were just telling what their perception of most of the foreigners they’ve come across with is. Stereotypes exist in all cultures unfortunately. But, personally, I think there IS some truth to it.

There might be some truth to that, too. I have noooooo idea.

Of course there’s truth to it, like stereotypes, EVERY culture has faults, its the human condition. But with the TW they like to abosolve themselves of having any faults, which can be very immature …

Yeah, and of course all Americans are more than happy to admit their faults :unamused:

OK!!! I admit it!!! I was oversexed and had a lot of money when I was in Taiwan in 1965. I’m very sorry to have ruined the country for the rest of you. I didn’t realize that I would make such a lasting impression on the locals. Can you ever forgive me???

Methinks that some of the 65% who said “no” are not being honest.

BroonAffair

I have never had my “fair share of hanky panky with a woman who was contrary to [my] official relationship”, but I on many occassions I’ve promised to take out the garbage (or something like that) and did not. I thusly voted yes.

Personally, I’m on this planet to have sex and chase wealth. I can’t help it, but several billion years of evolution have produced a creature that is strangely similar to all other creatures in this regard.

So they want me to stop because I’m in Taiwan?

MK, you never had your fair share because bastards like BroonAle have more than their fair share, leaving less for the rest of us.

DAMN THEM! DAMN THEM TO HELL! :fume:

Well we all can’t be perfect

Oh the faithful Taiwanese husbands. Women sing their praises the world over. Like this one guy, who got married right before he went to Germany alone to do his PhD, came back half a year later with hepathitis B and was trying to tell me “must have gotten it when I was sharing the same bottle of beer with some mainland Chinese at that party”. Yeah, right. I bet you were sharing a bit more later that evening.

And how come the Taiwanese population is thoroughly infected with hepathitis B (I read it is like 50%)? Unfaithful husbands? Must have caught it at the barber shop down the street, eh?

Define “unfaithful”, please.

I mean, are you talking about only physical affairs?

If yes, define “affair”. Is a one night stand an “affair”? How about a call girl?

[quote=“Tigerman”]Define “unfaithful”, please.

If yes, define “affair”. Is a one night stand an “affair”? How about a call girl?[/quote]
I remember hearing somewhere (maybe here) that fellatio was not considered cheating (guess that’s not the same as being unfaithful though). I think was was a group of big time lawyers and such that came (no pun intended :laughing: ) to that conclusion.

[quote=“miltownkid”][quote=“Tigerman”]Define “unfaithful”, please.

If yes, define “affair”. Is a one night stand an “affair”? How about a call girl?[/quote]
I remember hearing somewhere (maybe here) that fellatio was not considered cheating (guess that’s not the same as being unfaithful though). I think was was a group of big time lawyers and such that came (no pun intended :laughing: ) to that conclusion.[/quote]
So I wonder how one of those big-time lawyers would feel if he came home to find his wife on her knees in front of the TV repair man? :laughing:

I read it was 2:10, or 1:5 - can’t remember which one, but either way it is 20%

You can vaccinate aginst hep B can’t you? I know I have had all the shots required against contact with spit, piss and blood from my last profession. Do you need an upgrade now and then, I can’t remember?