Foreign cards on pchome? Amex?

Apparently you can’t use any foreign card on pchome, or maybe it’s just bad luck with my cards?

Also, anyone know a way to use a foreign American Express on pchome? Maybe some hacky workaround with a Google Pay payment or something?

Man, I’d love to be able to consume some business expenses with my card, but I always end up having to either order it from Amazon (free shipping for $65+ carts btw, but tons of exclusions from this) or use my personal local card if I want that sweet 24h shipping.

Well maybe you can if your foreign credit card address is updated to show in Taiwan and shows a Taiwan phone number as well.

2 Likes

There is no “hacky workaround” the reason for this is that fraud systems have for the past few years started using registered credit card addresses as a means to detect fraudulent activities.
I.e. someone from the US ordering things online in Nigeria to a Nigerian address would be picked up as possible fraud and stopped.

What I guess has happened is that you (like most other normal people) have neglected to update your address.

Try updating your address like @Satellite_TV recommended and keep us updated on if it works.

The only other way or as some may claim to be “hacky” is if the vendor offers PayPal as Paypal have already verified who you are so it’s not really “hacky” so to speak.

1 Like

this is called AVS in the card industry (Address Verification System) and it is the most basica one beside checking the cardholder name and the card number, expiration and CVV.

Keeping updated registered addresses on the cards u hold will eliminate a great deal of issues, however I do totally see many merchants (especially in cheapo TW) to limit the acceptance of foreign issued card due to a higher interchange rate (so higher acquirer fee for them).

1 Like

OP did note his local card works fine.

2 Likes