Foreign Friendly Grociery Stores

Hi everyone.

Can someone tell me where I can buy grocieries that I can read the labels and know what I’m buying. Lately I’ve been eating a lot of Subways because I want to eat healthy but there comes a time when you must try to move on to something different but the problem is that I don’t know what to eat here. I’m not at the level where I can eat Chinese food on a daily basis and I doubt I’ll ever be and I’m at the stage now where I need to what I’m eating as well so that I can have a healthy diet.

If this topic has been approached, please let me put me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Dee_b

Depends where you live.

Sorry about that. I live on Tonghua St in the Daan District just off Xinyi Rd. 15 minute walk from Taipei 101.

Jasons in 101 basement.

Supermarket in the basement of the Breeze Center on Fuhsing South Rd/Civic Boulevard.

City Super in the basement of the Far Eastern Mall at the bottom of Dunhua South Road.

Cottonfields, just past Daan Park at the corner of Xinyi and Lishui Street. Organic shop with lots of local and import products. Defintely somewhere to check out if you want to be healthy. Try a jinlitang. Get your week’s green leafy veggies in one drink.

[quote=“sandman”]Supermarket in the basement of the Breeze Center on Fuxing South Rd/Civic Boulevard.

City Super in the basement of the Far Eastern Mall at the bottom of Dunhua South Road.[/quote]

Have you checked recently to see if they have bulgar wheat?

Haven’t been in for a while, MM, so I don’t know.

Too bad. I bought some whole wheat kernels the other day. Since bulgar is just cracked wheat i am hoping that if I “crack” up the wheat in my electric coffee grinder I will produce a reasonable facimile.

Won’t work. Bulgur wheat is also parboiled.

Don’t squash my dreams. :fume:

Anyone know where I can buy Cheese Whiz?

Laugh if you want…I’m dying for the stuff…

It’s not half as revolting as Vegemite or Marmite.

Thanks to everyone for their help. Much appreciated.

Yes, the Philipino store that sells the Mountain Dew sells it.
Only 45nt IIRC.
Look up the thread for the address.