Foreign lawyer salaries in Taiwan (2 years of experience)

So - the title speaks for the content. I’m a foreign (Israeli) lawyer with 2 years of work experience in int’l transactions, and managed to get a job interview in the int’l department of one of the largest law firms here. If any of you here worked as foreign lawyers in Taiwan/have friends who did it - how much should I ask for (monthly/yearly)? What about bonuses?

Thnx a lot

Uri

Deleted

I don’t know foreign lawyers salary I. Taiwan, but local lawyers salary is about 100k NTD. It is a mean.

You need 5 years minimum of overseas work experience to be accredited to practice law in Taiwan

1 Like

I thought you also had to take a test and demonstrate Mandarin fluency?

They can still bring him on unaccredited, but only as an advisor, like he can only offer opinions etc, he can’t litigate or anything.
Which doesn’t appear to pay shit, really.
I’ve never known anyone in that position to have cracked 130k or so.

1 Like

That’s quite a good salary.

For English teachers, yes.
Compared to what lawyers make in the west???
Hardly.
I know technical writers here who make that.

1 Like

Nah, you dont need to know mandarin.

You obviously need to know mandarin to practice taiwanese law, but I assumed OP means by foreign lawyer what the taiwan bar association call “foreign attorney” but many other jurisdictions call “foreign lawyer”.

From the bar associations website

The phrase “foreign attorney” as used herein denotes an attorney who has been licensed to practice law in a country or
region other than the Republic of China.

A “foreign legal affairs attorney” may only practice the laws of his/her “home jurisdiction” and such international laws
as adopted by the said “home jurisdiction”.

http://www.twba.org.tw/en/Regulation.htm

2 Likes

I stand corrected. :+1:

I know several foreign lawyers but they are all qualified in the US (a state or two). One is qualified in Australia.

That is not true.

Perhaps I worded it a bit unclearly.

You need 5 years overseas work experience to be accredited to work as a foreign lawyer(or foreign attorney as its called here).