Foreign nationals can now take professional exams in English

The main part of the amendment, which gives foreign professionals who sit a license exam the option of taking the tests in English or Chinese, took effect Wednesday, according to the ministry.

The ministry’s website provides a long list of professional and technical jobs open to foreign nationals, including Chinese medicine practitioners, tour managers, tour guides, social workers, psychologists, respiratory therapists and certified public bookkeepers.

Professional and Technical Examinations Regulations for Examinations Open to Foreigners

1 Like

Time to take the Taiwan bar exam. Wish me luck please.

3 Likes

nvm

That’s not a very long list

Yeah. Kinda telling how they call it a “long” list. It’s a start.

1 Like

Article 13
Foreigners that satisfy qualification standards stipulated in Appendix 1 and are not of circumstances stipulated in Article 5 may sit stage one of the examinations for the respective medical doctors, dentists, Chinese medicine practitioners, and pharmacists categories.

What do they mean about the appendix 1? I read over the requirements and it seemed that you should need the roc id. So i guess not all foreigners could apply for this.

You’d think the exam/s to be an English teacher in Taiwan’s public schools would be top of the list. Go figure.

Good start, and another reason to vote DPP. You think this would of happened under the KMT? English teachers often complain teaching is all that is open for them but now you could in theory become a lawyer or psychologist. Not perfect but stop the moaning about it being too little it’s a step in the right direction, should include bus driving, crane operating and other skilled manual.jobs too but that will come in time unless the KMT get re~elected

The DPP is changing the APRC ID numbers to be the same as a Taiwan nationals ID.

Wwwwwhhaat?

Great, now I can finally get certified as a dietician!

1 Like