Foreigner assaults taxi driver - government connections make it go away

No. Wouldn’t share it either. I like my teeth.

14 Likes

LMFAO

The one I knew liked to bite. Anyway I’m shutting up now. :zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes

It’s already vastly published news in the media, scroll up.

1 Like

Please, just say it in the most exaggerated Hollywood swedish accent, and all can be forgiven!

Not to say it isn’t suspicious, but for a company with 27k employees, dropping $15M NTD on employee gifts isn’t really a big deal. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

my lawyer would definitely disagree on that one

3 Likes

they probably spent that on bags for their upper tier employees and their wives alone. this year.

:joy:

2 Likes

…a she

This is their instagram

My thoughts are that this is one of those brands rich kids start that’s not really viable on its own. I’ve known a few that make it seem like the business is legit but they have family money and live off that. The brand and business is just a front for it all so they pretend they have something to do.

I’ve encountered a few when I tell people I’m in e-commerce and they show me their son or daughter’s business on instagram and they all look like this. I had one that had a vegan chocolate brand. I ordered some to try and it was the worst chocolate I’ve ever tasted. The worst. I threw it away.

Their content looks expensive to do. These are professional photos and edited and feature people which is a lot of money to throw at marketing. It makes no sense to me that a brand can do them consistently and get like 10 likes and have 11k followers. It doesn’t seem organic to me.

13 Likes

has become quite the thing here in Taiwan as well. loads of startups that are rich failures. But then I wonder, seems people can actually fake it til they make it online now. its a world that doesnt really seem sustainable, if that’s the course.

2 Likes

There is Swedish posts here
https://tw.forumosa.com/t/sweden-impressions-of-sweden

Their engagement is horrible. We used to do content with our iPhone and use whatever creativity we had and would get more engagement. And it looks like they put their products in retail spaces that must be expensive. How many candles are they possibly selling :man_shrugging: there’s nothing that looks interesting about it because them trying to make it seem like some Swedish lifestyle brand with white faces doing stereotypical Swedish things. which I can’t really connect what it all has to do with candles.

I took a look at their followers and it’s a bunch of influencers and people who put founder of some business that look like BS to me. It’s like a circle jerk of these people hyping each other up.

I kind of pity these people. Having money behind them like that can be a curse (some do very well and build upon it so I don’t want to put everyone in that category). But injecting a huge amount of money do not teach them how to grow their business. They never learn what works and doesn’t actually work and throw money at things. And they don’t have that feeling of their back against the wall.

I started my business with a few thousands dollars from the stimulus check during Covid. Bought some stock. Flipped it and kept repeating. I had to learn to use my capital wisely and be strategic and analytical on what works and doesn’t work in ROI. A lot of entrepreneurs think throwing money will solve the problem but they don’t actually know how to allocate it for growth. They’ll spend it on expensive content and marketing for example.

I spend almost nothing on marketing and focus on building a community for example. You don’t need a huge budget. In fact it can come off not authentic these days. People now prefer authentic content not perfectly crafted ones now. But you don’t get that lesson if you just throw money at marketing and try to make content that looks like a large brand when they would in my opinion be authentic that they’re just a small business probably.

8 Likes

I thought Mordeth had finally gone to jail when I saw the title l. Nope.

3 Likes

I don’t know about Instagram but I think on Tik Tok a person can pay for followers or subscribers ?

Of course lawyers disagree. That’s how they get clients to pay for lawsuits lol.

2 Likes

You can also do that for instagram. But it’s technically not allowed and they will ban your account if they think you’re doing it.

People do that but it doesn’t help your business in my opinion because it hurts engagement. I only want people who are interested in my business to see my content.

1 Like

Ah yes, more evidence showcasing how long the tendrils of Big Swede are in Taiwan.

Still stumps me how Ikea was able to remain open here during the Covid era, when just about everywhere else was shuttered. No wonder how it became such a prime spot to bring a hot date…rigged!

2 Likes

If I may ask how do they find your content if they don’t know you? Or is it existing customers sharing it with others, word of mouth etc?
I’m using an educated guess that yout first focus is on making excellent educational , interesting , engaging content about your product and then consider algorithms etc .
You’re becoming the Sir Alan Sugar of Forumosa.

2 Likes

Nah. people are just addicted to shopping. So the idea of buying not actually cheap slave labor shit that will break soon is attractive for people that spend their days on their phones and in malls. Their maze trap of a store is of particular interest for such sheep.

I mean, horse mush meat balls are fine, but dang…their furniture? really?

it’s about novel for them in this country. Kind of cheap western food really was the smartest move they made. Making it cafeteria style is also kind of genius. unlike carrefour which rents out to others. different marketing strategy. carrefour safe bet landlord role vs ikeas make the sheep feed here and buy.

I have yet to see a single ikea hand me down lol. unless it’s less than 10 years old, that makes it not a “hand me down” but a recycling effort in disguise.

I will try not to take this personally. :joy:

Guy

1 Like