Foreigner assaults taxi driver - government connections make it go away

“Robin Johansson, the son-in-law of former Presidential Office Secretary-General Su Jia-chyuan (蘇嘉全) reportedly violently assaulted a taxi driver while drunk in June of this year, breaking three of the driver’s teeth.”

Prosecutors opted not to press charges against Johansson.

“An assault case against Johansson was set to be heard in courth on Sept. 19 of this year. However, to Mr. K’s surprise, on Sept. 15 he received notice that the case would be dealt with by mediation instead.”

I was going to contrast this with the Israeli that assaulted a taxi driver and is still in jail (can’t find that discussion).

But if you got connections it’ll be mediated away.

9 Likes

Jeezus doesn’t this guy know how to use Uber? Then no dispute over the fare . . .

Guy

3 Likes

When Mr. K provided his statement to police, the Johansson denied any physical contact. Johansson’s wife allegedly accused Mr. K of attempted robbery.

Johansson’s wife said “you were trying to rob us, and my husband only acted in self-defense”, Mr K alleged.

???

I didn’t touch him. And even if I did, it was self defense.

Get the story straight at least.

9 Likes

Don’t you have the right to waive Mediation at any time?

The person he assaulted wasn’t a taxi driver and the Israeli guy robbed him of belongings I believe…

1 Like

… Is Taiwanese and knows how to play the Taiwan blame game even with a Taiwanese taxi driver with three busted teeth.

4 Likes

And she wasn’t even there

1 Like

These guys can’t stay out of the news

16 Likes

Those are pretty solid connections.

Founder and managing director at Vana

Possibly a director at the Swedish Chamber of Commerce

2 Likes

Oh those people!!!

Guy

Didn’t read this story at the time.

Nothing dodgy going on here as far as I can see. They bought 15million nt worth of scented candles and they got a 3.5 percent discount.

Ha

3 Likes

If this continues, we may need a dedicated “Swedes Behaving Badly” thread.

Though perhaps it might simply be “Swede Behaving Badly.”

Relatedly, I miss @TheLostSwede .

Guy

5 Likes

So the government connection previously resigned because of a scandal with this guy’s company. Whose wife is the daughter of the government connection.

“a scented candle company run by his eldest daughter Su I-han (蘇㛄馠) and his son-in-law Robin Johansson called Vana Living Inc. allegedly received NT$15.85 million from Taipower”

I once knew the daughter of a certain person in high power at Taipower ,( Pun intended ).She was a psycho, violent and a compulsive liar. Anyway just because her father was a powerful man in Taipower doesn’t mean she learned it from him , but just dropping that in there .Sorry no names but her dad was well up that ladder.

3 Likes

Until she is implicated in a “nut gate” incident on China Airlines, she still has some work to do to catch up with the lofty standards of her regional peers.

Guy

10 Likes

Looks like the FIL resigned because of accusations of bribery against his nephew. Strange. Maybe I’m reading the article wrong?

And then totally unrelated, Taipower went online looking for an employee gift and spent 15 million on scented candles from his daughter and son in law’s company.

Taipower probably didn’t even know the company had connections to the FIL. They just typed in Employee gift ideas and it popped up as the first choice on Google.

5 Likes

I’ve been into some multi-Arc mystery novels lately and this is really getting my attention.

I’m sitting in a club Saturday night looking at 101 and still getting into this story.

1 Like

:zipper_mouth_face:
Would you have a link to his daughter’s English name and a picture ?